Driving

Most of the week there is only Mr B and me at home.  Mr B said F has gone to work.  In the Summer time she takes one of my motorbikes.  When it gets back a few days later it’s warm and I climb onto the handlebars where the heat comes up in front of the tank.  My motorbike.
In the wintertime the motorbike stays in my garage (under a cover), and on Friday Mr B and I take the van to the railway station and wait for F.  It’s not far.  I recognize the whole route.  If Mr B takes the wrong turn off the roundabout coming back then I know.  I try to tell him he’s driving the wrong way.  F said I was panicking.  Panicky?  Me?  Can’t she see he has gone the wrong way?  We’ll get lost and never find our way back to the hou....Oh.
I used to like driving in the van but these days it makes me feel a bit sick if we go further than the railway station so I only go to the railway station now.  I know the routine and F will be there.  I can sit on her shoulders on the way back, and get a better view out the window like that.

Comments