House Painting


Last summer F started slopping white stuff onto the house.  There were ladders and something Mr B called scaffolding.  Mr B had to finish the job properly.  He moved the scaffolding about quite a bit, and when he did he left a tray of the white stuff on the ground.
 
My beehive has a tray like that on top.  It has rocks and bits of glass off the beach jumbled into it and mr B keeps it topped up with fresh water for the bees.

So what’s this white stuff?  Can my bees drink it too?  And why hasn’t it got rocks making beaches in it for the bees?
 
I didn’t step in the deep end; I could see it was deep and wet looking.  However I didn’t expect the white stuff on the ‘beach’ end of the tray to be wet and sticky.  Yuck.  Yuck, yuck, and yuck!  It was all over the soles of my feet, on the fur between my toes, and I tried to wipe it off on the concrete.
 
Perhaps I should have climbed up that hateful car cover and wiped my feet on that.

Comments