April

My secretary has been on holiday or something.  It shouldn't be allowed; I've a lot to get down on paper at this time of the year.

Blackbirds have started eating the cat biscuits left out for the crows!  This doesn't bode well for cats.  I've seen a blackbird bashing big slugs about on the back concrete in order to wipe off the slime and disembowel them.  (Their idea of food preparation no doubt.)  However I have to go on believing that cheap cat biscuits will be their downfall - the alternative might be blackbirds the size of crows; and that doesn't bear contemplation.  Thoughts like that would disturb my sleep.

A bloke came round to help Mr B make 2 bee colonies out of my one bee colony.  I don't think it went well.  It looked like a massacre.  However there is now a buzzing sound coming from 2 hives and Mr B has been feeding both lots to keep them strong during all the wet weather that we had in April.  They aren't keen on going out in the rain (I can understand that) so they sit around home eating food out of their pantry.  There are lots more bees now than in winter and a seriously depleted pantry - I gather.

We've got an allotment now.  It's just along the road.  I've been there already but F and Mr B aren't supposed to know that (that's another story about picking sloes).

The allotment has a shed on it (mine) and a compost heap (also mine), and I'm waiting for it to have nice dirt for digging in.  F  had better pull her finger out and dig; Mr B has put lots of bean and pumpkin seed in small pots of dirt stuff (also nice for digging in) and they will need somewhere to grow bigger soon.   

March was nice.........

Comments