Blackthorn

That undergrowth I hid in along the edge of the common is largely very prickly things.  Dogs and humans don’t go in there.  F clearly isn’t a normal human.  After she found me hiding in the undergrowth she went home and fetched a small bucket. 

I followed her.  She came back to the common and carefully pushed her way into the prickly stuff, and started pulling little blue/black berries off the bushes and putting them into her bucket.

This is good; I can sit out in the open and watch.  I’ve got back-up if one of those dogs gets ideas about investigating the cat.

Humans think cats move delicately but there’s nothing as careful in its movements, nor as funny to watch, as a human wearing shorts picking berries in VERY prickly bushes with stinging nettles all around.

Those berries all went into some really foul smelling brew in a large crock in the corner of my kitchen.  The humans put it into bottles at Christmas, by which time it had turned red.  I don’t read but the bottles are stored beside my food storage box so I have had plenty of time to study them.  The labels say ‘SLOE GIN’. 

It’s still an evil smelling brew but the humans seem to like it.

Comments