Woodcarving

Woodcarving seems to involve making lots of chips and slivers of wood lying about the floor. 

I can do that.  I’ve been carving the rose trellis at the end of the garden, but no one seemed to be impressed.  They should be; I don’t need a box full of chisels and a wooden hammer.  I have also carved the rail on the top of the fence between the house and the garage.  I’ve been working on that piece for nearly three years.  The nails are sticking out now and get in my way a bit.

F does some woodcarvings, and then sticks them on the allotment shed.  Weird things.  One did look a bit like a slow worm; I checked it out when she left it on the lawn.  The rest are just plain weird. 






Maybe I’ll just have to do some carving on the allotment shed to provide her with some lessons and examples in proper wood carving.

Comments