Entertainment

Our drive slopes.  The garage is a the top of the slope, the road is at the bottom.  You could park 4 cars in our drive and have a bit of space left over.  The neighbour’s drive is side by side with our drive and he has a garage at the top too, but he never uses his drive.

There is a flat-ish bit about 2/3rds way up on both drives. My car is parked on our side, and F parks the motorbike on the other before she opens the garage on the way in, or closes the garage on the way out. 

When Mr B is here he turns the bike around and puts it in the garage backwards but when F is on her own the bike (my bike) goes in frontwards and has to come out backwards – which can be entertaining. I sit on the car and watch.

Mr B is away sailing again.  So this morning the bike had to come out backwards, downhill, and sideways around the car.  F didn’t get the angle right and got stuck on the corner of the car.  She couldn’t go any further backwards, and she couldn’t push it uphill back into the garage either.  I like these mornings; this looked like being a good day for entertainment.

F just started it up, rode it back into the garage, shuffled it a bit and tried again – successfully – unfortunately.  So now she has gone to London and I’m shut out of the house again.  Mind you it does mean I have the place to myself.  What mischief shall I get up to….

Comments