Seaweed

Overalls, big boots, my trailer on the back of the van...... what are they up to?  They've been doing that quite a bit this autumn and winter.

They came back later and dragged me up to the allotment on another grey, damp day.  It really was a grim day and I really would prefer to be in the box by the lounge radiator, but Mr B compensated slightly be letting me drive the van up the track at the allotment.  I have to stand on his legs to see over the steering wheel.

Quickly, it became apparent that once again the trailer was full of that strange smelling, slimy plant material that F puts all over the allotment.  I heard her saying something about 'seaweed'.  Is this seaweed? 

She tips it out of onion bags and spreads it around with a big fork.  It's usually full of small jumpy bugs (shudder....remind me of fleas) but it seems that small jumpy bugs don't like winter either.  They'd gone into hiding with this load.

I imagine the local bird life like the small jumpy bugs; if they are not put off digging them out of all that weird seaweed stuff.  However, I wonder what slugs think of it.  They're probably delighted. All sliminess together.  YUCK.  YUCK.  DOUBLE YUCK.

Comments