Allotment Update - Again

You are going to get a lot of these updates I suspect.  I got dragged along there last week on a very cold day after a lot of rain....

F let me ride inside her jacket which I suppose was a small mercy, but she's got this unpleasant habit of playing  in water, and there seemed to be more than usual of it around.

Nothing much has changed up there since the last time I visited.   There is straw in the rhubarb box, and evidence that rhubarb has been planted under the straw... ( interestingly there seems to be some rhubarb planted at the bottom of the hedge as well - I think that might be the roots that F dug up and 'threw away' last year).  

If you read my post on 31 January last year, you will know that F is going to get the sack if her rhubarb isn't up to standard this year.  She seems to be taking no chances - there are 6 different plants in this box, 3 old ones by the hedge, 5 in the original bed at the house, and a small box and a bottomless bucket full of straw up by the beehives.  How many does that make?


Do you think she'll notice the hole I dug back there....?
That grassy looking stuff smells like onions - F says 'shallots'.  They seem to be doing OK, but her actual onions are useless.  She has made some cages to keep pigeons off seedlings - but there are no seedlings for them to protect.



Comments