Strulch

A big truck came to my house on Saturday with a pallet load of something in plastic bags.  F had to unload it all, 50 bags stacked on the drive, and then she went away for the afternoon so there is no one at home but me.

I like these bags; they rip open quite nicely, there is something soft inside, and the plastic makes a really good plucking sound.  I have tried it on the potting mix and the tomato grow bags; it makes F shout, so its quite good fun, when she’s looking, to dash in, rip them up quickly with a really mad look in my eyes and posture, and dash off under the holly tree where she can’t reach me.

Like I said – there’s no one at home to see me …..  even so she'll know it was me.....

The bags have some kind of chopped up straw in them.  I’ve seen that stuff on the flower beds.  It’s quite nice to roll in and makes for comfortable sunbathing.  We are going to be human-knees deep in the stuff if she uses everything that came on that pallet.  Maybe I should just spill some on the drive….

(Secretary note: manufacturers claims are that it deters slugs and snails; pity it doesn’t work on cats!..... or pigeons but that is another story.)

Comments