Mouse

It's a distressing fact but I am beginning to suspect my humans of perfidy.

After much exercise of hunting skill on my part last night, I managed to bag a mouse and dragged it (kicking and screaming as mice do) into the house to show Mr B.  Deposited on the dining room floor it dashed off and took refuge in one of Mr B's deck shoes.

Bother.

What do humans have shoes for anyway?

Bashing the shoe about failed to dislodge the miscreant, but the commotion caught Mr B's attention and he ambled in to see what was going on. 

Good thing I thought.  He'll tip it out of that shoe; he's bound to object to a mouse in his deck shoe.

I never saw the mouse again.  The shoe was hoisted up to human height, Mr B went out and came back in - and there was no mouse.

So where's the mouse?

Comments