Afternoon Tea in Chichester

Saturday was foul - it rained and rained and rained.....  it was a good day to snuggle into my brown furry blanket and sleep.... and sleep and sleep.

Suddenly I was scooped up and carried outside - oh bother.  Mr B was sitting in the car; that means they are going somewhere and I will have to make-do with the box in the garage.  So when F suggested that I might like to go for a ride in the car I didn't make any objection.  At least the car has a heater.

From my seat on F's knee I could see all the usual stuff on the way to the railway station but we went a different way off the round about - towards the supermarket (I've been there before too).  We didn't stop at the supermarket and soon we were flying along a long straight road and all I could see over the dashboard were the tops of trees whizzing past.

It got interesting again when we slowed down so I sat up straight to look at the buildings.  They might have been houses but they were all joined together, and didn't have any front gardens.  Where do their cats sit to watch the dogs on strings going by?  There was lots to see that was very different to our place.
Eventually we pulled up a drive and stopped.  I got made to sit in the car while Mr B and F went inside.  Someone must have taken pity on me because I was fetched indoors and discovered people I recognize.  I think this is Mr B senior.  They come to my place for tea and biscuits sometimes (better biscuits than the ones I get).


I checked out their house:  No cats or dogs.  Good street-viewing windowsills (shame about the hedges) - leafy neighbourhod.  I like the stairs in the dining room.  We should have something like that.  It gives me a place to view the food on the table without getting into trouble.  Barney the Bear (in the lounge) had his own blanket; clearly animals have a nice time in this house.  I didn't want to leave.


Comments