My Calendar (or weeks and weekends)

F doesn' live with us (me & Mr B) for 5 days out of every 7.  I know it's the day they call Monday when she gets up early and drags her bags out of the house shouting things up the stairs to Mr B as she departs.

On Winter time 'Friday' nights, we take the wee van to the railway station to meet F and her bags getting off the train.  (I've blogged about that ages ago... my secretary should learn how to make backlinks).

That's my calendar:  Mondays and Fridays.  In between I get to sleep on Mr B in the evenings and watch TV.  When F's at home it is called 'weekend'.  Everything ends.  She takes up space on the sofa and messes with my ears.  She crashes about in the kitchen and takes me up to the allotment.  Ok I like the allotment so she ain't ALL bad, but I like our 5 days of the week.

F really messed with my calendar this weekend.  She got up when it was dark but didn't leave.  When she disturbed me I noticed that the security light was on in the backyard and went to inspect.  She joined me and the pair of us ended up crouched side by side on the mat inside the patio doors, holding breath, and watching the fox who'd triggered the security light.  Foxy trundled right past us (twice), inches from our noses with only the panes of glass separating us. I don't think foxy knew we were watching.

After foxy had moseyed on up the garden, F very quietly opened the doors so that I could go out and make sure it had departed.

That turned out to be 'Sunday'.

Later that day she roasted some chicken legs for my personal consumption, and she can be useful for getting my back scratched, so I will put up with her in the WEEKENDS.

Comments