Wooden Spoons

F seems to have adopted a new past time.  (She isn't short of past times but they come and go - short attention span obviously.)

The latest one has lasted nearly a year and seems to involve scavenging bits of wood whenever someone is cutting a tree nearby, cutting them up on the back concrete, creating piles of wood chips and shavings with a couple of nasty looking knives, and then showing me these.

As if I am supposed to be impressed!  What does a cat know about these? .... other than that they might be useful for extracting cat food from tins and packets perhaps.

I wonder if I could sell them (along with the honey from my bees) to supplement the catfood fund.  The trouble is that F might have already depressed my potential market by giving them away from time to time.  Short-sighted woman!

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    Oh, Tigger dear boy, I suspect a cat's perception of beauty is different from that of a hyoomon... for I find this collection to be aesthetically pleasing in the extreme - not to mention practical!!! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lilac, holly, winter cherry, and hawthorn. The holly is tough to carve but produces a beautiful finish. Lilac too, makes a lovely close grained finish.

      Delete

Post a Comment