Ferries

From our balcony I can monitor ships coming and going from Piraeus.  Lots of them are ferries.  Greece has lots of islands apparently.  I know about ferries.  I have been on 2 now - from Italy to Greece

and from Piraeus to Aegina, Agistri and back to Piraeus

They didn't give me fair warning the first time.  It looked like a hotel room and I was starting to get the hang of hotel rooms by that stage: bedroom, sitting room, bathroom for my litter tray.  This one had round windows with very wide windowsills.  I could have sat on the windowsills but the view from both (front and side) was of water - just water. 

What hotel is surrounded by that much water?

And that background thrumming?  Their aircon machinery needed attention.

My close examination of cupboards was nearly completed when suddenly the world tilted, rolled sideways slightly and tilted back the other way.  I froze, my legs stuck out straight from my 'corners' for maximum stability.  What the **** was this?  The floor was moving.  F&Mr B looked completely unfazed.  They were even preparing to go to bed.


Standard response: climb between them, put hands over head, go to sleep

Comments