Travel Writer Tigger : Epidavros


Epidavros is another big (even bigger) outdoor theatre and lots of foundations to buildings that once existed at some other time in human history.  There may in fact have been layers of human history on this site too, but most of what humans tell themselves about it now is probably educated guesswork based on what is left.  (Humans seem to be interested in working all this stuff out based on what they see and what they know from other places that share characteristics.  Cats just climb all over it and find good rocks to sun themselves on, or places where prey might hide.)

The theatre though is impressive – impressive big, impressive complete, impressive…..  F carried me to the top around the outside 
where even I (F says I’m going deaf – the world is just getting quieter) could hear a woman singing down below.  Everyone said she was really good.  She was certainly very clear.  I could see Mr B down there so we went back the way we’d come and joined him for the view from the bottom. 

Cats of various styles called this place their home – possibly relying on a combination of human philanthropy and their wits.  [Hmmmm…. philanthropy is a ‘friend of humans’ so perhaps it should be ‘phil’ (for friend) and ‘gata’ (for cat) making it philgataphy or something – F says that word hasn’t been invented].  One cat showed its wit in its ability to get water by sipping at a dripping tap over a human wash basin of some sort. 
 
  
Handbasins are, in my view to be avoided.  They seem to involve this human obsession with water, and I unwillingly got my hair washed in one once after some ear drops made a mess of my fur.  I made sure that was messy for everyone – but it has nothing to do with Epidavros.

As we were leaving, F got a bit distracted when she spotted the biggest cat either of us have ever seen – stripy like me but with white underwear showing through where he has outgrown his stripy suit.  F reckons he’s the daddy of all the Tigger-striped cats we saw today.

He looks like the kind not to be messed with, by humans or cats.

Comments

  1. Just "found" you via Amy - ohhh, Tigger sure is a happy beauty!
    I´d like to learn more about your adventures. Always wanted a cat, but it never happened...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, and as for 'having' cat - it can happen at any time (and unexpectedly). We love Tigger but he has had to learn to fit the life style seeing as he chose to walk in and adopt us.

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    Ooh Tigger, this brought back memories from last century when I travelled to the isle of Spetses and across to the Peloponnese... and to Epidavros. There was just me and my companion and we did the 'pin drop' thing. I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E. acoustic! Never forgotten that. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F has subsequently been to a play there but I didn't get invited so it never made it into my blog. She said it was in Greek with subtitles (and music and dancing) - Oi Ornithes - updated with modern political satire. She said it was funny and pertinent but I'm not sure how she knew. xxx Mr T

      Delete

Post a Comment