Travel Writer Tigger: Mystras & Sparta

After a long trip over a very winding road (bits of which were missing) through mountains 
Route 82


we arrived at a Middle Ages 'castle'.   Mystras.
Mystras - Upper gate
I preferred to stay in the van and nap.  I could see all I wanted from there and besides the carpark was all-over cats pretending to be friendly so someone needed to keep an eye on the van.

Mystras kept F & Mr B occupied for hours.  First they climbed up.

And then we drove to the bottom and they looked at what used to be a town.  It looks a bit wrecked now - but definitely ancient. 
......definitely ancient
Later we had coffee and ham sandwiches in Sparta.  We sat in the sun outdoors which was nice, but I didn't much like the ham and didn't eat all of mine.

F tripped over something while were were strolling about sightseeing.  I was in the backpack on the front and very nearly ended up being squashed underneath her but I managed to remain calm.  I think she hurt her knees though  - the price of walking around on your back legs I guess.

Comments