Elevator Service - developments


Elevator service

The elevator still works.  


Our apartment has a loft above the bathroom and some high level cupboards for which the elevator is still employed - both up and and down if needed, but usually just the down.  I can still climb ladders and make a point of disappearing into the most inaccessible corner of the loft if anyone leaves the ladder open in place below the loft access door. It does involve a leap of over a metre vertically from the top of the ladder onto the loft ledge.  I'm not prepared to leap down - the landing area on the top of the ladder is less that adequate.  So I just shout for the lift service.

I noticed a postcard purchased at one of the Meteora monasteries had a picture of a monk using a similar elevator service, so I guess I am in good company.


Comments