Ear Drops

F's really stretched our relationship today!  It started with a trip in the backpack which just sort of looped around the bakery, where I had to sit on the ground by the door and suffer her eating olive rolls over my head on the way home.  That was odd for a work day but odd things happen to me and I know it was a work day because when we got home again she started working at the dining table.

That was just a ruse, I had just gained control of her chair and made myself comfortable when I was backpacked again, same loop only this time we went into a new place and I immediately realized it was a V-E-T.  (There are clues - like the smell of disinfectants, and the presence of dogs.  F always goes out her way to avoid dogs for my peace of mind.  If she isn't avoiding a dog, we are at the V-E-T.)

It was the ears again. F has been doing the hated ear-cleaning thing lately and I admit they have been horribly itchy, but I hate the cleaning more than the itching.  To be fair to F, she put her hands over my ears when the vet tried to clean them with fluff on the end of a pointy metal thing, but the vet had already looked in my ears and announced 'infected'.

We got a 'prescription'.  It turns out that really means: 'ear drops'.  

She's trying to be friendly and plying me with 'treats', but I'm going to be stand-offish until she's asleep. I know exactly where to land on her to make her very suddenly very awake.

Comments

  1. It's for your own good. Sit there and take it like a cat should!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got her a good one today - I sneaked onto her bed during the day and slept with my head on her pillow (never done that before) - and the ear-drop stuff leaked out and went on her pillow. Ha! (It has also made my ear-fur all greasy, but I guess F will clean that up too.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment