Cat Cow

Cat Cow could be a yoga thing: it appears, from my careful observation of the instructional videos, to be an exercise that humans do on their hands and knees to teach them to breathe (something I thought came naturally), and to flex out their spines a bit.

Observation: Humans don't have particularly flexible spines - comparatively speaking.  

You can't lick the back of your hips, or your tummy button.

CAT COW
We borrowed this picture (and link you to its source: Growing Georgia)

Cat Cow is also a size thing.  There I was complaining about dietary variety (or lack thereof), and we stopped at the butcher's shop on the way home.  I got beef mince for my tea.  It's not right though is it?  I'd never eat a cow on my own.

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    OMC, Tigger - this post threw up all sorts of things in my head. You've only got to look at my Critters Posts to see how often they get into my lens (you'll see lots of photos of my angel J's on there too)... as a Hindu, I revere the cow as a critter of food provision (milk and thus cheese and butter), but also of nurture for the vegetable part of the diet (through dung). Once they have passed away, their leather might be used.

    A large part of our environmental trubs in the world are due to the over-herding for purposes of growing beef. Mass market stuff. If only farming could pull back to local production for local populations... but I guess that horse - errr coww - has bolted.

    I really liked that link to the Georgia farm where the idea that unproductive cows ought not always to be culled. ... and the story of Spot the striped cat!

    As for flexible spines; until the menopolyxinaemia hit, I was very flexible (used to dance and do gymnastics in my youth) and one of my greatest gripes in the last half dozen years is that now there is stenosis and someone has moved all floors and even my toes to a much lower level than they were, making them very, very difficult to reach!!! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong; I, the Tigger, like beef mince. However i acknowledge that in the general scheme of things unless cows get very small I'd never catch and eat one of my own. So its not a natural diet for a cat; but then neither is 'fine flakes in gravy' tipped out of a packet.
      I do however know about floors getting further away. Jumping down seems to get more challenging by the year.

      Delete
  2. LOL I don't think I would want to lick all those unmentionable parts of my anatomy, so just as well I am not a cat! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment