Dinner Routine

Breakfast is delivered to me in bed; my elevated bed at the top of my condo (which is currently out on the balcony).

Dinner on the other hand is usually plonked in its bowl in the middle of the kitchen floor.  I never eat straight away.  I stand back and let it waft to me for a while.  I check that no one is looking - especially from the back where spies could sit on the retaining wall and see all the way through the apartment.  Then I might sample a mouthful or two.

I'll just go and check out the back.  Tomorrow morning F will feed them my left-overs so I just might shout about what's going to be on the menu, and after a really good wail I will go back and decide how much of it is going to be left for the hoi-polloi.

Most of it gets eaten in midnight snacks, but sometimes I leave them a morsel or two.  There are a couple of felines out there that probably could do with a bit of fattening up (or a worm pill each).


I'm not sure whether I could wish a worm pill on even my worst enemies.  In nature we can learn to live with and control our body vermin and parasites if everything else is in balance.  I suppose that's the issue isn't it - whether any of us (cats or humans) have got their lives in balance these days.

Comments

  1. Hari Om
    Tigger, dear fellow, you are so right - the issue of balance is a big one these days... I love that you (and F) seek to share the meal with the less fortunate. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment