Last Day at Work

Tomorrow is my last day at work.  F says it is traditional to 'shout' for colleagues when you retire and that I also have to take a box of cakes for the cleaner to thank her for cleaning up all my loose fur.

I'm good at shouting.  Cakes I'm not so sure about - do you think she'd like cat biscuits?

My Desk Set-up

My colleagues think I look 'sage'.

I always thought sage was something F used to flavour the stuffing in roast chicken.

In 2 weeks I have learned an immense amount about electronic filing, bank guarantees in Bangladesh, discharging corn in Algeria, arresting ships in Australia, and how to operate elevators (on that last one, after F pushes a button we watch the numbers counting towards us).

I pick up the papers and mail from the concierge every morning, and check out the chilies that F is growing on the balcony (one of her colleagues, a non-Greek, is all excited about being able to eat them soon.  F assures me they are so hot they are 'poisonous', but it's fun growing them.)

We stopped for coffee on the way to work one morning and the waitress messed up the order and delivered cold coffee to the table.  F didn't complain but I could tell she wasn't impressed with it, and I got no froth.  We had left home early especially for that coffee because F wanted to show me that she'd found a good new place for us.

We went to laiki on the way to work on another day, and we have stopped to water Aunty Pili's courtyard a few times either going or coming back.

I'm considering using my retirement money to upgrade my Donkey:


That was yesterday.  Today we saw a red Haybusa.  I've changed my mind.  F says I am allowed to spend whatever I can fit in my pockets.

Who needs pockets when you've got humans to carry stuff around for you?

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    ahhh, retirement... I've not had a minute to myself since then... (or much in the way of stuff to stick pockets for that matter, so maybe hold off on that upgrade fur now, Mr T!) Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? F said the upgrade wouldn't work 'cos when Mr B gets home one of us would have to ride on rollerskates behind. We'll just have to stck to going out in Mr B's van.

      Delete
  2. It must be nice to be able to leave the house
    Congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to work was fairly short-lived. It's back to overseeing local life from my spot on the balcony at home.

      Delete

Post a Comment