Road Trip

 We are planning a road trip F and me...

There might also be boats involved (knowing this household boats will have to be involved) - so I like the look of this island.  It looks like a short boat trip.
Mr B wants to go to the far Northeast of the Greek mainland.  We have discovered that bit is called Thrace.

So Thrace it will be.

I still like the look of this island.  F read somewhere that they have a variety of olive that can be eaten straight from the tree (no fermentation required).  

Throubs. Throuba.  Throumba.  Take your pick.  We might be a bit early for these if we go next month.

I don't fancy olives but I suppose it is as good a reason as any to go somewhere - to experience something that is unique to there.

I wonder if the cats speak a different language.

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    OOOOOHHHHH road trip (sea trip???) either way - a journey away from home. Always a respite and I hope it goes well. I shall be exicted to hear about the thr....s and Thrace and The Cats of Different Tongues... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking for something new to blog about so this might provide me with material. F&Ps Mr T

      Delete
  2. Go for it! Would love to hear about Thrace.
    Throubes K says. They are the first olives and are cured with a little salt. You have to be brave to try them. They are bitter but some, including my husband, love them.
    They take their name from throubi, the herb which is similar to thyme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they are the first olives of the season we might actually get to try them. We are really looking forward to going to some less frequented (by tourists) parts of Greece. So if any readers have any suggestions we are open to reading all of them. It's quite hard to find information about Greece that isn't either (1) ancient or entirely mythical (2) about wars, many of them ancient, or (3) about beaches and the colour of the sea. So far what we know about Thrace (that doesn't fall into any of those categories) is they grow tobacco and sunflowers, there used to be a silk industry but the plains where they grow mulberry leaves are now on the wrong side of a line drawn in 1923, and it is mixed culture....and tourists don't go there much.

      Delete
  3. What I wouldn’t do for a road trip right now
    I’m going to the supermarket this afternoon and I’m as excited and nervous as if it’s
    A trip to Greece !
    Take lots of pics to share please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are not holding our breath for this - now that tourist season is over the restrictions are increasing almost daily. Way back at the start, my nephew living at the centre of Italy's first lockdown area described being way too excited about being allowed to go to the supermarket after 2 weeks confined to his apartment. They didn't even have a daily exercise allowance. So we inderstand your pain.

      Delete

Post a Comment