Button holes

I don't have button holes. My coat fastens with carefully concealed velcro.

F has a buttonhole - right in the middle of her tummy. I guess that's where the mold was filled from in the manufacturing process.

She's very sensitive about the middle of her tummy, and that only got worse after her appendix operation last year (I think they must have used that buttonhole for access).

She's been trying to teach herself to sleep on her back.  I don't approve. I can make myself a lot more comfortable if she sleeps half curled up on her side.  I have discovered that if I put a paw in her buttonhole and press down hard, she sort of closes up like a suitcase. Then all I have to do is lean very hard on one hip bone and she rolls sideways. Purrfect.  I like to curl myself on the inside of the hip that is on the bed, then my purrer rumbles away for ages.

I have to wait until she is asleep. If she hears me coming (and she can't shut me out because she would die of suffocation or heat stroke with the doors closed - we have no windows) she puts her hands over the suitcase mechanism. However I've got a new trick: femoral artery.  It's quite easy to locate in a humum lying on her back with one knee bent sideways. I weigh about 5 kilos, and I can apply all that weight through one small paw strategically placed.....

Me do that? Butter wouldn't melt......


Comments

  1. Hari OM
    MOL - oh Mr T... you are the same mischief my angel Jasper was; he was a seven kilo silver tiger of a cat and man-oh-man, did he know the accupressure points!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe some humans pay exceptionally good money for acupressure.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I think us humans are so manipulated by you furry felines! Mittens has taken to sitting beside my head and purring loudly when she wants me to let her out of the room (my door gets shut). If I ignore her she then starts to head-butt me, very gently and with little mews, until I am wide awake and have to answer her summons :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 😽 Ive heard people says cats can't be trained but I know for certain that humans can. Xxx MrT.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment