Visitors

Visitors arrived on Monday night. Today seems to be a holiday in Greece. We went on a mini tour to Salamis, and once we were there F guided us on some goose-chase down narrow roads until we got to a taverna (by a beach of course) where the water looked particularly shallow over gravel for as far as I could see.  There was a park bench out in the water a few meters from the shoreline.

The taverna had a fireplace, but F wouldn't let me go inside, so I had the van to myself while they ate sardines. I know they did, I could smell them. 

The heavens opened while we were on the ferry back, and when we drove off the ferry in Perama, it looked to me as if the ferry had stopped short and we were having to drive ashore!  There was a bit of flooding.

No photos of the view from the taverna, so here are some more random shots from the last two weeks


Roman cyprus are in lots of places. Apparently they were traditionally associated with cemetaries. They are a spectacular part of the landscape that would be called an architectural  plant if sommeone had designed the planting layout, but probably looks better for being completely natural.  This photo is not enhanced by being taken through the window of a moving car driving up a winding  mountain road but the shapes are nice.


Comments

  1. Did they not bring you a sardine???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I eschew sardines - the only fish I eat is human grade tuna canned in spring water. It's F's fault she lets me be fussy so I make the most of it. I'm really good at going on hunger strike and can keep it up for at least three days - I have never had to put it to the test for longer than that because F (or Mr B when he is here) always gives in before I do and goes looking for something that I am prepared to eat. We do have a cat/sardine story from the travels but will save it for a blog post.

      Delete
  2. I really like your cypress photo - the movement gives it a sort of atmospheric artistic effect!
    I had canned sardines for dinner last night, mashed up on hot toast. You really shouldn't be so fussy Tigger, they are quite nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested to know why you weren't allowed inside. Sardines are nice on toast though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment