Volos

Actually we by-passed Volos and went straight to a camping ground at a beach in a place called Κατω Γατζεα - roughly Lower Gatksia.

I've never been proper camping before and after some initial trepidation I've decided this place is worth an explore - just as F & Mr B are drifting into sleep mode. They must be old - they don't seem to appreciate the night is young and the party is only just getting started.

We left Piraeus around midday because it take 2 humans half a day to eat breakfast and drag all their 'stuff' down to the van, and then decide how to prioritize it and get it poked under beds, behind seats, and under F's feet and still leave room for me. Humans have a lot of stuff -  bedding and clothes, magazines and knitting, 2 paddleboards, swimming underwater stuff, stuff for washing themselves, washing their clothes, washing their dishes..... 

I keep my wash cloth tucked in my mouth.

We sat on a beach and watched the sun set.  I practised some sand swimming - drier and safer than the water version. 


Then we had dinner at a taverna. I had a nice bit of slow cooked veal,  but the gangs of begging cats were a little disconcerting. I had to project a few 'these humans are mine' messages to make them go and ply their trade on some other gullible 2-legs.

what human breakfast looks like

 a bathroom for washing cats?


?????

Comments

  1. I havent been camping in years since my 3 were little, I actually can't stand it and prefer my own bed at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be giving secrets away but we stay in hotels and apartments too.

      Delete
  2. Wow. You went camping. I’m impressed
    We have ordered a new caravan, last February, and now due to the world we won’t be getting it till February next year.
    Which is fine. We are still locked into our houses and only allowed out to shop or medical reasons. And all in five kilometres
    As for the ointment for breqd, well. Nope. I have no words lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't real camping. It's sleeping in the back of a small van. The exercise is like a rubics cube - moving stuff around so they can fold the bed out with out sitting anything on the dirt. The floor of the campsite was just compacted earth and pine needles and squashed olives. Our neighbours had all the kit - folding tables and hairs, outdoor lightimg, awnings and umbrellas, a bammock... I tried to go and visit them and was stopped from doing so.

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    Oh Mr T - I am a wee tad jelly green that you got to go camping. I have a secret lust to take to the road for my remaining years in a camper... Hold the taramasalata and chook 'sause'; I'll take the double cheece and baba-ganoush and tzatziki and skordalia ointments any day! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll need a van bigger than ours! We didn't try any ointments. xxx Mr T

      Delete
  4. Volos is known for its tsipoura/raki. Don't let F leave without trying s shot or two. And excellent seafood apparently. Tiggers like seafood so I've hearf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Tigger will sample a little tuna. All other seafood is refused - possibly for having been associated with water. Water is bad. xxx Mr T

      Delete

Post a Comment