Thunder, and Hailstones the Size of Frozen Peas

You might think frozen peas are no big deal. You try getting shot blasted with frozen peas.

The day was grey, and we could see the rain coming up the Gulf from the direction of Poros (St George's islet was still in sunshine),  but I sat on my outdoor satellite dish just the same - luxuriating in the breeze ruffling my fur....

The first rumble might have been an aeroplane but the flash had already given it away. My carpet started to lift at the edges , then the corners went airborne, but before F could film me piloting a flying carpet I decided discretion was the better part of valour and raced indoors.

Rain and hailstones.

Flooding. Streets like waterfalls and rivers.

It was all over in about 20 minutes and we got this big hole in the clouds to contemplate

St George's islet is still in sunshine!

Just to be clear, I, the Tigger, love lightening and thunder (and fireworks and loud motorbikes), but I'm not keen on being shot blasted by hailstones (or flicked in the face by the fringe on my carpet).

Comments

  1. You did well Tigger. Being rained on is not the best, but being peppered with hailstones sounds horrific. I don't like thunder when it is very close, it hurts my ears. Love, Mittens 😻

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were brave to stay that long, we only have to hear a bin being moved outside and we all run for cover.
    Rupert, Rowan, Princess, Willow and Mummy Polly
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We often see the lightening and hear the thunder without the storm actually reaching us. Next time I'll be thinking of you holding down the flying rug and watching the light show while being bombarded by frozen peas . It's will all be repeated on Monday apparently. I wonder if it will reach us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might get you this time; its coming from a different direction. The waves are crashing on a different side of our cove. Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. i guess winter has come aye? must be hibernation time

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment