Final Friday Fiction

 “Timms, run me a hot bath, I’ll soak away this aching hip before I go out.”

“Lay out the handmade linen shirt that goes with my dinner suit will you.”

“Oh, and a little extra starch in the front, yes?”

“There will be Brass at this ambassador’s reception, and they are so damned smug about their uniforms; strutting about with all that braid and ribbons and flashes.”

“Put an extra shine on my shoes too.”

 “As you wish, Sir.”

“Sir, your bath is ready.”


“Timms!  Timms! What the hell is going on? Why is everything sshaking and sslopping about?  Timms! Timms? Where you man?  Oh shit….  Arrggghh……”

Surveying the settling dust of earthquake damaged house: “ Timms I believe there is some saying about escaping with only the shirt on one’s back.  Even a shirt would have been preferable to this bath towel.  Where is my shirt anyway?”

“Hanging in the maid’s alcove on the first floor, Sir.  She was preparing a little extra starch.”


Linking to Final Friday Fiction with Wild Yam





Comments

  1. Does anyone use starch anymore though, it's one of those old fashioned routines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an old-fashioned shirt that has been hanging there a very long time.. My SIL uses spray starch to make the ironing go smoother

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    OOoohhhhhhh, that's a cracker of an ending, just a touch of lament for the maid!!! Furbyoulush offering for FFF!!! Thanks for tagging along. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it and I love this photo... it made me flip back in time also. the shirt drew me in completely. thanks for letting us use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, of course you can link my post . the story you told on my comment is exactly how I felt when I sat and stared at it.. the story came through the photo, i wrote down a list of things it made me Feel when I saw it. I have had several ask about the photo... thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment