Jinxed It

Last night (as we were listening to our Sunday night bedtime story about Pooh and Piglet setting a trap for a Hefalump) I heard F observe to Mr B that she has slept through two nights without getting too hot and throwing the blankets off.

Stupid.

Our bed always had a nice feather duvet in England.  I liked the feather duvet, but F complains that it is all or nothing and doesn't cater for variations in between.   These days F is tossing about and throwing off covers so frequently and then getting cold and trying to pull them back again that I have my work cut out to simply hold them down.  So she changed the arrangements and Mr B has his own quilt and she has layers of blankets so that she can be choosey about the density of insulation on top of her.

I'm excellent insulation. 

When F turns into a human radiator, I can stop the heat from escaping really effectively.  I like working radiators.  I used to spend a lot of time trying to prevent their heat from escaping.  We have radiators here but they seem to be just some kind of decoration, shelves for human stuff.  So when F starts glowing in her sleep I make the most of the opportunity.



Comments

  1. Trixie does the same thing. When I get hot she likes to cuddle and make me even hotter!
    It’s hard being middle age Take pity on us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    I could do with you here Mr T... to act as MY radiator!!! It is really rather chilly hereabouts... Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx (who also prefers layers to a single item covering!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a really hot night last night and M was sweltering. I don't know why she didn't appreciate me curling up right beside her. Purrs, Mittens 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In summer F puts an A3 sheet of paper on the other side of the bed because it amuses her that I choose to sleep on it. (She discovered that by leaving an open magazine on the bed one night.) Perhaps M should try it on you. xxx Mr T

      Delete
  4. We do the same thing. But it's the heaviest duvet my side and an electric blanket. No portable radiators around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F's always been the one with her feet sticking out, even back in 'the old country'. We have never been allowed to have heating in the bedroom, and she leaves windows open (at least I can exit to the balcony for a good wail if I feel like it). xxx Mr T

      Delete

Post a Comment