A-Z Challenge: to do or not to do....

Cats don't do A-Z (or Alpha to Omega) of anything. We have certain priorities (chicken over industrial cat food for instance), but we don't devote any time to categorizing them, giving them labels, or making files of them.  We simply make each decision when faced with it.

Eat it?  Or, don't eat it?

Sleep here,  yes or no?

Dig in the litter tray, or dig up some of F's seedlings in passing?


None of these things are planned out or sized up in advance.

I seldom even dictate more than one blog a day so F has little scope for scheduling blogs.  After all it is a weblog of my random observations that suit my mood or the day or the week.

F decided to see whether she could do an alphabet of ingredients photographed in our kitchen all in the same day.  Some letters in her alphabet have more followers than others, but she covered them all except Udon Noodles (which they ate with stir-fried veg and blackbean sauce a couple of weeks ago), and Zucchini - which had gone into muffins only the day previously.  She also cheated somewhat by calling the raw chocolate stuff they grate into hot drinks Xocolatl.  Apparently not much human foodstuff starts with the letter X; well not in her language anyway.

That kept her entertained for nearly an hour, then the ennui set in again. Humans don't thrive on social withdrawal do they?  I gather from a conversation I overheard with our Greek neighbour that F & Mr B are still confused and weighed down by the bureaucratic stuff that has followed on from being persona non grata (British passport holders after BREXIT) in Greece.  They both have residency cards but it doesn't stop there and they feel there is no consistency in the 'official' advice on how to comply in all other respects with being unwelcome foreigners.  There seems to be a major falling out at some political level between humans in Blighty and humans in Hellenic Republic, and humans at an ordinary level of existence (on both sides of the bureaucrat's desk) are the ones left trying to make some sort of sense out of it.  The sense they make of it appears to differ depending on where you are in Greece and who you ask.

In passing - F tells me it is St Patrick's Day.  It is a day with will be very important to our friend Audrey.

Comments

  1. Ah the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. I have fond memories of joining Arlee and a others on the first one in 2010. It was fun, something I’d never done before.....and have never done since either. Lots of ‘hard work’ and planning especially when he only announced it a few days before the first of April http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/2010/03/200-for-me-and-challenge-for-you.html.

    Go for it - it’s fun if you don’t take it too seriously like many others have done during the years since then. It’s grown so much I’m not sure I’d enjoy it now.

    It’s St Patrick’s Day now here in Melbourne ......and I’m wearing the green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F has to 'fess up that it is the tech side of linking stuff together that puts her off. It means having to spend even more of her life staring at a computer to work stuff out. She spends all day working from a computer (who would have thought that someone who started their working life as a lumberjack would end up locked indoors staring at a computer?) and doesn't enjoy it, so struggles to find the enthusiasm for spending even more of her life trying to understand how the gubbings behind the bit you see works. Maybe we will do a collage and publish it all in one day. xxx Mr T

      Delete
  2. All Tabbies are different but yours is so like our late Freddie that they could have been twins. I still miss him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F (for Fred) gets a bit choked up simply contemplating a day when I won't be around any more. Yours is not the first tabbie called Freddie that we have encountered.

      Delete
  3. I can't do Bloggin On Demand. I may have cat in me. I do my blogging like you cats do it. pops in my head, do I do it or not do it... also much like cats i do not repsond to commands to do things, if someone tells me what to do, as in blog about something starting with an A, it makes me do the opposite.. I was not aware of the problems with Greece and passports. I don't have a passport so it doesn't pop in my head.. the pandemic has wrecked our world, just came from a blogger who has residecy in UK and Italy, family in both places. they have not been able to visit their home in Italy for over a year, and the family there has covid and can't help with their home...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brekshit wrecked our world. F works on Greece. Mr B works all over the place. This winter there was a lot less (as in none) going-all-over-the-place possible. So Mr B came home (to Greece) for what turned out to be longer than British people are allowed now that they are no longer in the EU. So we got him registered as a foreigner, and now his van (with UK registration) is coming up to the date it has to leave or be confiscated.... we still aren't allowed to travel outside our municipality. And Mr B has a job to go to at the end of this month, and vaccinations to get in UK, and .... I like having him at home, but not when they are stressed out.

      Delete
  4. Hari OM
    The A-Z is purely optional and as I read here that F is less than geekish, then maybe not do it officially - but there are plenty of folk who do it by 'seat of pants' and just make up something according to the letter each day (i.e. no identifiable theme other than chaos) and there it does provide a focus to kickstart each post day. I am planning mine out and going for all three outlets simply because there is virtually nothing else going on in my life at the moment.

    However, I see that F and Mr B, on the other paw, absolutely do have stuff going on and I quite understand that it rather dominates things. Breakshit (I notice F had come up with similar synonym!) is a nightmare that just keeps growing - now the performer known as Bagshit de Puffer Lookatmeson has announced a build up of nuclear arms... which no doubt he'll wish to plant in the Bonny Land with the rest of them, just along the water from the Hutch. And the trouble just now is that there is nowhere on this planet that's safe to go hide... sigh...

    On the up side, the sun is shining outside today. Yay. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - we love you Yam-aunty. You have away of putting things into perspective. A build up of nuclear arms is the last thing that either the planet or humanity needs. It's one helluva vanity project! A-Z is insignificant by comparison; as is foreign vehicle registration and forfeit driving licences. F doesn't even drive now anyway. It was her resolve to stop at 60, so that she never got too old to understand she was too old (and unsafe) to still be driving. She reckoned that at 60 she was still young enough to develop new ways of dealing with transport and mobility in her life, and to carry those into old age. Some old people refuse to give up driving because they see it as an end to independence. I, the Tigger, still like riding in the car though, so I am glad Mr B still drives. xxx Mr T

      Delete
    2. Heheh, I sold the car for my 60th, because here in Scotland we get a bus pass - all bus travel in the Bonny Land for free!!! I have been to Aberdeen to be with Bertie and his Gail, and to Inverness, just because, and many times to and fro Edinburgh...before I had to live there and C19 stymied it all... I love the buses and will be glad to start travelling again. But not till next year. I truly believe it will not be sensible for at least another year... Yxx

      Delete
    3. Public transport here is €1 per day with unlimited travel within the greater urban area for everyone who buys a pass for more than a month at a time. So only tourists pay more per day really. Yet locals shun public transport and question the sanity (or financial status) of anyone who expresses preference or support for it.

      Delete

Post a Comment