This Day in History...

Due to a little dust-up that F and I had this week (she wouldn't let me get into the top cupboard, and I knocked some stuff around on the dressing table), she noticed that some stuff on the dresser was looking pretty dusty.

Dust is legion here and worse since they were digging up the street a week or two back. What happened immediately next is the subject of a blog you haven't read yet - because the denouement is still playing out - but for the purposes of this post you do need to know that she discovered on top of the dresser that an insect of some sort had eaten holes some woolly fabric....

The bottom drawer of the dresser is full of woolly jumpers/pullovers/Jerseys, so a day later they all got pulled out and inspected and laid out in the sun (and are still piled up on the bedroom floor)

The drawer will be cleaned and 'treated' - no damage was found but it's a 'just in case' measure.

That dresser had come to Europe from NZ with the rest of F's household stuff, and the lining in the drawer (which had never been changed) made for a timely potential blog topic.
(and today's birthdays include our neighbour Panagiota)
 Known Affectionately at 'The Oddity'.

And it seems the 'what shall I blog about?' dilemma is not a new one....

The important stuff:

And this one is for Lynda - who might recall these characters:

(Look at all those different colours - photographed in different lights.)

Comments

  1. The Dog has always been a favourite in our household :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice too at how old fashioned it looks - and yet only printed in 1992 - how time flies. They would no doubt add more to the 'Today in History' column since then - not least that here it is exactly one year since lockdown began. Must dash Oscar is pestering for a walk - he sends woofs to tigger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not seen The Dog, I do see The Dog every day but not one in a cartoon... you found a treasure trove in the drawer... seems March 23 is always a busy day no matter the year... glad there was no damage done.
    I don't have a brand name for the gloves, they sell them in all the Walmarts here but I don't think you have walmart, i checked Amazon and am pretty sure this is what I have. there are dozens of them, mine have 85 percent spandex. it is like a compression glove similar to the compression socks we use on our legs.. https://smile.amazon.com/Comfy-Brace-Arthritis-Compression-Gloves/dp/B07CG3MSTK/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3JYGMMRI7EHB3&dchild=1&keywords=arthritis+gloves+for+women+for+pain&qid=1616505065&sprefix=arthritis+gloves+%2Caps%2C194&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A1M8NS1BURONXN&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyOUFOQU1GVFNOSzVBJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODI4ODY1WVQ0RzlITkdZTEhSJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAyMzA2MDIySUNSQTdISlVRMlhIJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    OMC OMC OMC -Tigger, I was, quite literally, just yesterday thinking about Footrot Flats. The though just flew into my head as I was staring out my window down the water and thinking of all those folks in NSW who are getting flooded just now...for whatever reason that prompted remembrance of FF and how I used to have lots of the annuals (they got left behind down under).

    Loved the read through the 'this day then' column - but mostly I am worried you have moths. We had moths at the father's place. Bedevilment!!! I wish you all the best for eradication. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had already left NZ when Footrot flats surfaced but thankfully family sent me a couple of his books. That dog is a real delight.
    Wonder how much Whiskas costs now.
    I once had ancient newspapers in the bottom of my drawers. I might have even kept the last lot. I don't bother now. But there's always a few anti moth things even though I don't think I've got any actual wool items. All my 'wool' is 'yarn', full of non edible fibres

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remember the footrot flats movie
    There was a snazzy song from it in the eighties I think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never saw the movie - but know the music (Dave Dobbyn) Little Slice of Heaven

      Delete

Post a Comment