Tiny Calendula?

Lockdown has apparently been tightened.  Humans here can no longer take their exercise in their cars.  

No change in this household then.

It did reduce the traffic in front of our place over the weekend, but to nowhere as quiet as the first lockdown last year did.

We are lucky we have the sea across the road.  My humans also have bikes, which they are permitted to use for exercise.  The weekend curfew is observed in as much as it gets dark within an hour of the curfew and most people go home when it gets dark.  The crowds that would be sitting in cafes are standing outside cafes, or sitting in groups on the beach or around the marina with their takeaway coffees.

Everyone you talk to is observing the rules.  Everyone you talk to says it is THE OTHERS who are breaking the rules and ensuring this lockdown goes on and on and on and .....

On a positive note, both F and I have work.  I am a devoted supervisor.  I like having my humans where I can see them.


We found these teeny tiny flowers on our last outing to the beach.  Their teeny tiny seed heads almost look like teeny tiny calendula.  

 I was also permitted to venture forth into a rock crevice and explore some entanglement of bushes. There was a tense moment when a woman came by (feeding stray cats as it transpired) and thought F was dumping me on the beach.  I sashayed into my backpack to convince her we are a team; no one is dumping anyone around here.

Has she gone yet?
Should I be worried?

F's holding the branches out of the way.  It was better camouflaged when I went in there.

View of the inlet... high pressure squashing the water

I put my head in the viewfinder...



Comments

  1. Hari Om
    You are so very much in your element, Tigger... and I know that some parts of the Med lands have a species called 'sea marigold' (calendula maritima)... could this be an example? Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a mine of information YAM-aunty - especially about plants on our beach. We'll have to find some more to test you on. The sea marigolds are cute little fellas. We hope all has settled at your place and the weather warming up a bit. Fz & Pz Mr T

      Delete
    2. Hari OM
      Kind of you to enquire - but the straight answer is no! The first three days of the month were properly spring like. We are back to winter since. There are gales and wet stuff and even some white stuff going on outside the window right now!!! Sigh... eventually... Yxx

      Delete
  2. Excellent photos of your beautiful face. the sea agrees with you. so what would F do if you did not come back and decided to run away? tell mommy to check out this video of another Blogger in NC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0OwerwH4W8&feature=youtu.be . i am sensing a leash in your future. it is beyond me why people dump pets and leave them. there is much of that going on here and it breaks my heart. you sure have a beautiufl sea to look at and visit. sorry about the no car thing. USA is just doing what it wants when it wants and extending our misery on and on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We started with a 'seat belt', but quite frankly I prefer to know I've got F or Mr B at my back so there's no 'running' off....the occasional saunter that I feel certain even they could keep up with (old as they are...). xxx Mr T

      Delete
    2. I forgot to add that the 'seat belt' (so called because we still use it when I drive the Donkey) makes the bones in my legs turn to jelly and my tummy scrape on the ground. I refuse to walk anywhere in it - I'm not a D-O-G

      Delete
  3. We all think you are so brave Tigger, we don't venture past the back gate and then run back in to safety when we hear a loud noise.
    Rupert, Rowan,Princess,Willow and Mummy Polly
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is some speculation by my humans as to whether I can hear loud noises. All my life with them I have participated in 'outings'. I used to really enjoy going to the allotment, and visiting the other gardeners (who all knew I came from no. 47), or sitting under the hedge watching the dog-walkers going along the path on the other side. In those days I used to saunter back if F whistled or banged the wheelbarrow. Only once did I walk home on my own because I got bored waiting for the work to end. These days she doesn't let me out of her sight. xxx Mr T

      Delete
  4. Much the same as here, people finger pointing while doing the exact same thing, it is quite exhausting sometimes listening to the complaints.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment