Waterside Murals

Today I saw a dog riding in a cyclist's backpack. It wasn't one of your toy dogs. It looked like a proper dog. I reckon it's about time F upgraded MY outings to bike rides.  They went out on their bikes again last weekend and took lots of photos of murals on old buildings in the Piraeus port area.  

Here are a few for your entertainment.


The crane is not painted on... but it looks like it could have been


We aren't sure, but that cross-blob on the top right might be the Antikythera device* - this whole wall is a bit random (the scaffolding not being part of the 'artistic composition.)
Mr B sneaked into this one. - which helps to give it some scale.

And finally:
With the truck?  Or without the truck? F was annoyed she got the truck in the first one and took a second one without.  However from a purely colour point of view the truck completes the  set of primary colours


* now that is an interesting one, because only in the last couple of weeks have we read that someone reckons they have finally worked it out and built a replica.  However, you will have to do you own research on the Antikythera Mechanism if you want to know more.


Comments

  1. I watched a special on it. But I honestly don’t remember much. So I might have to Google
    I love murals. I wish I was talented like that. But I can hardly paint the wall of a house lol
    Lovely shots with and without the distractions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great aren't they. We have photos of a couple more in reserve...

      Delete
  2. yes, we agree you should be upgrated to bike rides. we have no cats in bikes but we do have a dog that rides in a basket on the front and a dog that rides in a side car on a motorcycle. when I say we not US but people in our town. Can you imagine Beau in a basket? or in a back pack? he he he... I love the biker photo bomber and like the bus in more than bus out... these are amazing pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    oooooohhhhhh.... wonderfurs arts!!! I adored the crane one and when I read it wasn't painted I had to readjust my eyes - the first shot with it in is delightful (to me)... of the two at the bottom, well, photographically speaking, the one without the truck is proportionately best (whole bldg in frame) - but I get what F means about the red! And don't you love that there are things from the ancient forbears that still befuddle us 'so modern intelligent' peeps??!!! hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F was taking the diver pictures through a chain mesh fence. She's hopeless at framing things and doesn't do as much editing as she should.

      Delete
  4. Looks like Piraeus is finally looking a little more cheerful, and cleaner??
    You are now allowed to move around at the weekends. Looks like only weekends at the moment. Shops will all be open from Monday, except department stores

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first started visiting for work in 2008. Lots has changed since then. We moved here 2018. That tall building at the head of the ferry port is under renovation now - Piraeus Tower - and looks like the architects have visions of a Singapore style garden building. All change here!

      Delete
  5. Those are great pictures - I like the crane and scaffolding ones especially. I always think murals are either great or terrible - when they work, they really do enhance a place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment