Mr B and Boats

Before he left Mr B emptied the contents of his camera onto my blog.  You can tell what he had been looking at before he went away.

Noisy 2-stroke tug going one way...
Noisy 2-stroke tug coming back with trireme in tow...
......we understand it has to go to the shipyard at Perama for an annual fitness test and once it is back in action people can visit it.  My humans are not clear on whether they can go to sea in it but you can guarantee if that's a possibility they will be doing it....

Big and little.

They were clearly travelling together but we couldn't work out whether they were like a human with an extra large dog leading the way, or a mummy duck with her family trailing behind.

And of course the obligatory sailing yacht.  No blog post inspired by Mr B is complete without a sailing boat.
He's inside the telephone again and told us he got tested three times for the plague (all negative), got jabbed to reduce his chances of catching plague, and after 5 days of being locked up (and being fed peanuts through the bars) is off to work .....on sailing boats naturally.  I suspect the peanuts bit is rubbish - he probably ate chocolate because it was Easter where he was doing chokey.

Nice day in that last photo: that's Hydra behind that yacht's mast. Poros is behind the ship, but the skyline you can see there is the Peloponnese.   The nearer piece of land is Aegina.  I've been to Aegina.  F has promised to take me to the other places for a day visit when we are allowed on the ferries again.  Then I will really have something to blog about.  Travel blogging again -  pictures of exciting places with me in them instead of more pictures of me napping.




Comments

  1. Glorious views - Looking at the sea, the mountains and the fire of an evening are to my mind the three best vistas one can have.... and Oscar napping too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My humans would agree with you on sea and mountains - and F says lying on your back looking up into a tree - I'm a fire watcher. F reckons i could dry my eyeballs out watching fire.

      Delete
  2. Hari om
    Don't knock the napping shots, Tigger. Your fans love them!

    Thanks to Mr B for giving me a shipping fix. I really enjoyed my trip to the Peloppenese... it will be fun to see it through your eyes when the world opens up again. Hugs and whiskeries YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have so much shipping we would have to move it to a dedicated blog or risk boring all our other readers. I, the Tigger, don't have a great deal i can say about ships other than 'I can see them from here.' I'll try fishing boats next shall I?

      Delete
  3. You can see for miles from your balcony. I hope F continues to take photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Napping is a good thing especially when you look so adorable doing it. I have a theory on the big boat with a little boat traveling with it. The big boat belongs to very rich people and the smaller boat behind it is the bodyguards keeping them safe as they travel. I may have watched one too many action movies and read hundreds of action books can you tell? I hope all of you get to travel soon I know how much you miss it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many action movies. They were going from shipyard back to their marina.

      Delete
  5. It’s a busy little piece of waterway
    I’d love to be on that sailboat and relaxing
    It would be the perfect way to spend an afternoon or two or three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F only ever seems to go racing and has yet to learn what relaxing on a sailboat feels like!

      Delete
  6. I look forward to the day when you can travel again Tigger. Hopefully it is not too far in the future, but, in the meantime, enjoy your napping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F's cousin in NZ has been keeping us filled in on life in those islands. Apart from international travel you seem to have things fairly normal. Let's hope vaccines sort the world out this year. F is well overdue a trip home.

      Delete
  7. Funny the places cats choose to sleep, very weird at times. I like looking at boats too, sometimes if we're on a high place we can see fishing trawlers or cargo ships, no more cruise ships like we use to though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the bag that fetches me down from high places. I feel safe it there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment