Lazy Sunday

F just had the laziest Sunday I have ever seen her do.  The cat in her finally won and she did some sleeping in the hot part of the day.

Meanwhile something really strange happened to my blog.  When I started recording my observations in 2012 I got about 200 views a month and we were not (and never really have been) trying to cultivate an audience.  It has risen a bit over the last year to 18 months, partly because we now post something most days, but at 2000 views a month it still felt like we were chatting with a small group of friends.

Over the last couple of days things have gone a bit off the scale for my blog and when we checked my blog this morning we found the last couple of days has as many reads as I normally get in a month.  Maybe someone else was having a lazy Sunday, a Sunday boring enough to read the whole back catalogue or something; so welcome new reader whoever you are.


Comments

  1. We've been having lazy days too - though I did get out to the mountains this weekend. Sooo hot here - poor Oscar is not happy in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oscar - you have our deepest sympathy (or apathy; in the heat it's likely to be the second).

      Delete
  2. miaow tigger, takser has just said something about getting 2000 views yesterday. he must have been very busy reloading it over and over again to get that many. bye for now. phoebe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😸 F only paid attention because ours was about 15 times more than regular and wondered if it was a 'bot' - altho why anyone would waste their talent hacking my blog is beyond us.

      Delete
  3. Unusually, we have had very hot weather here too. Hot for me anyway at 32C which is nothing for you hardy souls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We heard you were in a heat wave. Did you wave back?

      Delete
  4. Hari OM
    ...I don't know when last I looked at my blog stats. Numbers never really bothered me - what counts for me is the interaction via comments. In some ways I've lost readers because a lot of the pet bloggers previously connected with have either moved over to book of faces or have not been prepared to move with my gradual change as I incorporate more of my philosophical and (as one lady put it) "gobbledegook" posts! Bwwahahah - I accept that.

    Heat has not exactly hit the area around the Hutch - but there have been several days of what can certainly be termed 'summer' and it is a glorious thing. I am hoping to have a lazy day by the end of the week. Mind you, none of my days are particularly frantic, either... Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't do it for stats either but the list of posts suddenly had some unrealistic numbers and a check had F wondering what was going on. Maybe we should expect a blitz of spam comments..... Fz & Pz Mr T

      Delete
  5. sounds good to me, and now I have to figure out where to find out how many views we get. many years ago I knew but have no clue now. will let you know if ours changed, assuming I can find it. you look amazing today

    ReplyDelete
  6. that was easy. ha ha just click on STATS imagine that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bet that kept you amused for ... well... all of a minute. We challenge you to make an artwork out of it.

      Delete
  7. That’s the best thing. Sleeping away a hot afternoon
    Now your really Greek

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment