Waterfalls and Land Crabs

Rain bucketed down all night and was punctuated at times with lightning and thunder, but had stopped by daylight today. Even so as the cloud broke and filled, scudded away and sneaked back, rain briefly dribbled some water on us a couple of times more.  However my humans decided that it would be a good day to go and see a waterfall (naturally).

So I went to see a waterfall.

Dimosari Waterfall. It wasn't huge


but it had carved out its own little canyon which provided an attractive walk on a well defined track beside water, rock formations,


big boulders,

pools,

rapids,


land crabs, 
PS. I was VERY interested in that crab....

and cyclamens in the surrounding undergrowth.

We meet a K9 posing for photos for his travel blog, and I chatted up 2 nice South African women when we stopped to take some photos of our own.

On the way back my humans stopped for coffee and toasted sandwiches at a cafe under a huge spreading plane tree....
.... where a clowder of well-fed looking cats were doing a trade in begging food tidbits from the patrons.  I kept my head down and studied them contemptuously through the side windows of my transportation.... The sound track accompaniment was water rushing all around us and the kind of music F listens to when she is doing yoga. They had dreamcatchers twirling in the trees. It was that kind of cafe.

And the cats knew how to be entertaining.


The rest of the photos in this post are going to be canyon - you can skip those if you have seen enough rocks and water.









Part of the cafe

(and if any of you have read this far and studied all the photos, yes, the shop at the cafe was selling skunk)
Bye bye

Comments

  1. I was going to ask what the skunk was all about
    Love the pics of boulders.
    Since we are in lockdown and have been for most of the last two years
    These are the only holiday snaps I’m going to enjoy for a while

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame the water is brown but there has been LOTS of heavy rain.

      Delete
  2. Hari Om
    A brave sign to display in a country where it is still very illegal (I'm pretty sure...)

    Land crabs are just mice with shells on, Tigger, so you have every right to be VERY interested in them... and there can never be enough rocks and water images IMO. Those stairs would be a challenge for these dicky ol' legs though... Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear YAM-aunty, We have no idea about the legality of skunk here. Going by the smells on our streets the drug of choice in Greece is coffee. We smelled more of the illegal stuff around where we lived in Havant. As for mice with shells on, I'm not convinced, but we did see a cat outside our house catching sea crabs off the seawall and running away with them in her mouth. She looked well-fed too. xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS we followed a woman (not young) in and out who made the trek on one of those boots humans wear on a broken foot.. There was only one set of steps, the rest was footpath and handrails.

      Delete
  4. Oh my kitty whiskers, Tigger. Didn't you hate having so much water all around you? I admit it is a pretty walk, but I would have wanted to flee from all that wet water.
    Mittens 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually F had difficulty making me stay in the pack at times. I wanted to explore...the forestry bits looked really interesting.

      Delete
  5. It looks like a lovely place for a walk.
    I like F's sandals by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really do get around Tigger, don't you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do these days. In their motorcycling days my humans didn't take me with them.

      Delete
  7. I always go to the very end of all your photos after carefully studying them and admiring and reading every word because there's so much here to know and I'm afraid I'll miss something and I surely would not want to miss the two photos at the end the one of your ears looking up the steps and of you and F in your bag those were my favorite out of all of them and the more rocks and waterfalls the merrier in my book. What a great Cafe wish I were there. Tell F that I appreciate her comment about mixing foods with other foods like oranges in a salad every little tidbit I learned is helping me

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a cool name for a waterfall, most of the ones here are named in Maori language, I'm interested to know if Tigger got his paws wet. Mr Bruno has been getting taunted by a male and female blackbird, who keep jumping on our fence back and forth in front of him, he is getting most frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tigger will walk through water if he regards it as in his interests to do so. As for blackbirds he sends sympathies; the damned things are a menace and a torment. He has posted about them in our distant past.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment