Counting Heads

We apologize to anyone who might have expected a comment from us the last couple of weeks - we have been reading you....  It is the only relief in some very long days and we appreciate your philosophy, humour, wry observations, pathos, creativity .... Christmas Decorations....

I, the Tigger, have been endeavouring to eat the Christmas decorations.  Many have now been placed out of my reach.  I'm not as nimble as I once was, but I can still race up my CONDO at pace (especially if I see medications advancing in my direction).

Head count is underway in Greece:


Like drafting sheep

They're counting the Greeks

On Monday December thirtheenth

 

Forms pushed under doors,

How big  are your floors?

And have you got all your own teeth?

 

Who lives in your house?

Yours cats and your spouse?

And what did they last eat for tea?

 

What's in your bainio –

Shower, bath or none(io)?

So  how do you keep yourself  clean?

 

We'll measure your earnings,

Your hat size, your learnings,

And how you recycle your trash?

 

We're checking your neighbours

No fears and no favours,

Demographics are all about cash.

 

Were you born overseas?

Do you work for your fees?

Are your numbers and permits legit?

 

Economic and social,

Your dwelling and local

Are all in our counting remit.

 

 


Comments

  1. Hari Om
    Well, that sums up the census purrrfecktly!!! Bravo. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of those questions are really odd but I guess they want to see how much 'civilisation' has progressed. There must be still some very isolated villages and islands where the house has only one tap and the toilet is just round the corner. There were still houses here 20 years ago which had toilets on the outside of the house and no other bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. usa just had those cencus things mailed to us and they had way to many questions but nothing like these. no pet questions no home questions, just people questions, how many are there in your house, do you own it or rent it or stay with someone, this was a fun census read, i enjoyed it... NO Tiggher bothering decor? tell me its not so. thanks for the laughs with your comment about leggins. Flamingos are every where here in Florida and there are no reindeer, snowmen OR chestnuts. LOL... you gave me a post. my mother collected frogs.. wait til you see what i found

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think our last census was about 4 years ago but I would think the population here has grown quite considerably since then, and yes I do have my own teeth lol oh the questions they ask. sigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had our census earlier this year
    Man they ask a lot of idiotic questions
    Some are just the same question just worded differently
    I’m like I just answered that.
    I guess it give someone a job a suppose

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment