Heavy Breathing

Mr B's daughter was coming to join us for Christmas but human plague has intervened - in at least 2 ways - and the visit has been cancelled.

I'm sitting on my CONDO digesting roast chicken and looking through my clean windows at grey sky.  The sky seems to match the human mood.  Even Aunty P was tired and listless when she visited last night.  She can normally be relied upon to be the live wire, bright spark, fired-up one around here.

Christmas music is playing all over the place but it seems a bit hollow, tinny, cheesy.  No humans seem to be buying into its cheerful enthusiasm.

F has started a new exercise regime - online.  Our calming and stretching morning yoga has been replaced with some seriously challenging core, shoulders, and hips strengthening and aligning exercises.  She decided to make good on a personal goal (on-the-books for years) to be able to do headstands.  I think the time for catching that particular boat expired long ago. It sailed.  It ain't coming back. Trying to row (or swim) after it is a lost cause.

I sit well out of the way and study the grunting, and clumsy attempts at balancing, with feline disdain.  Some humans were simply not designed to start doing acrobatics when they should be reading brochures for mobility scooters.

Mobility scooter is a 'Motorized Donkey' - and I want one.

Comments

  1. Headstands??? Oh no no, no.
    Make her sit down and put her head between her knees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If her head is between her knees its because she's doing rolls of some kind.

      Delete
  2. Hari Om
    I have been thinking about a motorised donkey, too, Tigger!!! believe it or not, even though i have had the Rheumatoid upon me since child hood, I used to be a gymnast and dancer... but those days are long gone. Meno made sure that the bits the RA didn't get to jolly well seized up. I admire F's determination - and I think you ought to be cheering her on, dear boy, for any movement at all is positive movement at our age!!! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear YAM-aunty will your Donkey have lights? Mr B is vetting electric Donkeys for his Mum, and some can go fast enough to be on the road with cars. I could dust off my crash helmet....Fz & Pz Mr T

      Delete
    2. Hari OM
      Oh yes, this is the one I have bookmarked for when I win the lottery I never rember to buy a ticket for... Yxx

      Delete
  3. at least the plague had not yet killed your humour, i am smiling broadly by the end. it is sad and i know makes everyone unhappy to miss the intended visit. I vote YES for you to have your own motorized Donkey..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. Good luck with the headstands
    Many years ago I was very good at all that
    But now with my back being so bad I just couldn’t risk it
    Might just be that straw that will finally break it

    My motto with this Christmas is. Fake it till I feel it
    Who knows what next year will bring so count our blessings now I say

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tigger you have just reminded me of the frog legged attempts (frogstands) at headstands in the yogaclasses I took many many years ago...think 1970s.
    Then there was the alternative head stands up the wall...oh we were so very eager...and supple

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Of course - yogis have even named a few of their 'poses' after our feline exercise regime. A good stretch does wonders for your health and mental well being.

      Delete

Post a Comment