Snow

We just had to imagine it - the snow I mean.  Here we are on the Piraeus Riviera, bathed in glorious sunshine, listening to dire warnings about snow falling on us, or preparing to fall on us.  

The temperature on Sunday was apparently 7 degrees C.

When the sun is shining on you, 7 degrees can feel positively balmy.  F planned an outing to a beach.  Aunty P and Mr B turned up for the outing dressed like they were going on a Klondike expedition.  They kept complaining about snow.

What snow?  We see no snow.

They pointed to some mountains far far away - so far away we would need Mr B's fancy scope to see them.  They had their tops in white fluffy clouds.  At this distance you couldn't tell whether the bleached tops were snow-clad or  wearing a white fluffy cloud mantle.

Wimps.


Between you and me it wasn't exactly summertime.  Cat fur is made to protect our poor delicate skins from searing desert sun and baking heat, not as insulation against winter chills (that's my story and I'm sticking to it), so the north wind that was swirling around the corners, even on what should have been the sheltered end of the beach in the secluded little cove we visited near Sunio, didn't do my aging bones any favours.  I scooped some sand beside a rock and crouched in my little hollow while my humans poked around in the gravel, skipped rocks across the flat sea, and found a tennis ball on the beach and threw it at each other (and me).  I narrowly escaped being sconed by a tennis ball a couple of times as it ricocheted off the rocks around me.

Before we left the beach I spent some time studying a woman in a white 'go skiing' suit, with a black furry hat that looked like she had long droopy ears hanging on each side of her face.  She was posing to be photographed by the man who accompanied her...

First this way...

Then that way...

Right foot forward with a bit of a hip thrust....

Left foot forward, hands carefully arranged to look casual....

Head back, gazing into space....

Edited to remove the human distraction...

Breathless look with parted lips....

Sultry....

That's me doing sultry on Aunty-P in the car...

A glance back over the shoulder.... (that one might have been meant to look coquettish) 

A flick back of the long furry ears (or hair) .... (that one doesn't work for me.  I suppose I could meaningfully preen my whiskers)

Smouldering...... with a pout....

All this (in her case) in a pristinely white ski suit with sun and sea (and a swimmer) in the background.

We see this a lot on Costa Del Tigger in front of our apartment - him photographing, her posing - but never yet in a 'go skiing' suit.

Comments

  1. You do that posing stuff really well Mr T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    MOL - the best part of this post? Your re-enactment of the poser's positions. Priceless!!! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have just remembered it's Burns Night tonight (25th) - will your be reciting poetry and raising a glass in memory of the Bard?

      Delete
  3. I just saw Piraeus on the news. Snow everywhere???
    The sun was shining here this morning. I even went for a walk. Since then the sun has disappeared and we've had snow flurries all day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning Aegina has snow. Nikaia has snow. We have no snow (narry a skerrick), yet Piraeus is closed. Everything shut. Streets empty. Laiki cancelled. Snow has achieved what the government and its concerns over COVID never cold - TOTAL LOCKDOWN!

      Delete
  4. (deep ecstatic sigh) My friend, the pin-up calendar cat. You can hang on my wall any day!
    Mittens 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Mittens - I never considered it as a career, having been for most of my life more the huntin' fishin' kind of cat.

      Delete
  5. 7 degrees, I wish, we've had highs of 32 here, heat does not go well with menopause. I'm amazed that Tigger walks on the sand. Bruno probably wouldn't care but Mr Cat would give us death glares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F agrees with you about hot weather. Mr B and I are trying to pull the quilts more firmly around us and she's throwing doors open onto snow clad balconies and wafting the freezing air about the place..... mad woman.

      Delete
  6. Gosh Tigger you’ve got all the moves down pat haven’t you. I particularly like the smouldering look, followed closely by the ‘over the shoulder glance’….they show off your facial markings to their best.
    It’s going to be hot - with a capital H - again tomorrow. After a whole string of fairly pleasant low 30s we’re now promised 36c and humid. Not my cup of tea at all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment