Δασος Συγρου - Sygrou Forest

Sunday was a something of a Curate's Egg - nice in parts. We had a good day though. You shouldn't put off being happy until you get a better day. 

F had arranged with the Mum of the cat-torturer (MoC-T) that we would all go to Sygrou Forest, to enjoy some green space. It turns out that even lots of Athenians don't know where that is.

North.

Still in the city, however.  Not far from the 2004 Olympic Stadium.

MoC-T had to research it online

Then the cat-torturer got sick, so we went without them. 

I'm happy. 

We got a nice walk round a big country estate with pine forest and olive groves, and other kinds of trees that produce human food, and beehives (lots of beehives). They even had beehives in the garden of the big villa that was originally the home for all this.

These days the estate is a sort of agricultural school.

We suspect this is 'historic' equipment

You can read all that on their website in that link. We just enjoyed the green spaces. Lots of other people were out enjoying green spaces

With their dogs.

We didn't see any feline cousins at all.

Or squirrels.  They might not have squirrels here. I'm happy about that too.

Things went a bit downhill after that; we visited the cat-torturer. However he wasn't all that interested in me (I'm happy) and wanted to show my humans a new robot thing that drives around the floor.  I discovered a safe place among all the chair legs under their dining table and studied the robot thing. It drove on some kind of tracks and waved an arm, and made noises.  (NB from F - an excavator)

We swapped a big bag of the sawdust out of my litter box for a bag of glass jars. I think my humans got the better end of that deal, but MoC-T was very excited by the sawdust and wants more. I can oblige. I'm working diligently on turning wood pellets into sawdust.

On our way back to the van F stole oranges off trees along the street. She said no one would mind because they aren't the kind that humans like to eat. I was riding in my pack on her front and got clobbered by a couple that fell when she pulled their mates. Not so happy.

I guess my next blog post is going to be about marmalade.

Comments

  1. Hari Om
    It seems so, Tigger dear... though I am sorry to read that you had to undergo semi-torture to that end! One is left wondering whatever MoC-T could want with used cat letter.....errr, sawdust...
    The Sygrou Forest trip was at least worth the making. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Compost.
      MOC-T makes compost on her roof with coffee grounds and household scraps and my sawdust.
      She grows vegetables in my compost. I'm a valuable contributor to home composting in our area. Furrings and purrings Mr T

      Delete
    2. Hari OM
      I rather feared that was what was its purpose... but every advice I have ever seen is that pet waste is NOT to be used on plants intended to provide consumables. Ornamentals, fine...Yxx

      Delete
    3. She mainly puts it on all the public planter places around her neighbourhood like we do, and her idea of veg (on her roof) is tomato plants, that never seem to reach maturity. However, she refuses to throw her veg waste away and it only makes wet smelly slime without plenty of dry stodge to bulk it out so we oblige.

      Delete
  2. It’s not steeling. It’s foraging
    Last time I tried to make marmalade I got distracted and it turned into toffee
    And not the nice kind

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting story, glad Yam asked why he wanted your sawdust. Daddy did the compost thing, but minus sawdust. the photo of you in the grass is quite grand, you look beautiful. sorry about the marmalade bombs, ha ha... I have recently, 7 days ago, added orange marmalade to my IBS diet. It is on the list of things I can eat but only a small amount. Mother made jams and jellies and preserves but never marmalade. be sure to help F pay attention so it doesn't turninto toffee like Angelas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of the Syngrou Forest. Glad you got to wander and give us some photos. I'll ask Mr Google to show me exactly where it is though I doubt I'll ever visit like you. Green spaces in a big city are a treasure

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment