Dancing

When we drive along in the van, My seat is a slab of expanded-foam packaging on F's knees. 

Mr B likes to play music - either his i-pea, or some UK radio station through his phone. The van drones along and I fall asleep. 

Last week on the way home Mr B's phone was playing music from a decade of their youth and some female who shares a name with a car started banging out 'Devilgate Drive'. 

F's feet move. F's moving feet move F's legs. F's legs move my carseat and my sleep is rudely disturbed.

I hate dancing.  I do dancing against my will sometimes in our lounge. 

The rock'n'roll sound was followed by The Specials, and things only got worse.  


Borrowed photo. These guys don't realize how much they disturb my sleep.

Comments

  1. That jacket would disturb my sleep too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The alternative picture had an even more disturbing ensemble.

      Delete
  2. if you were on my lap, sweet Tigger, you would not be happy. When the beat starts, so do my legs and my butt in the seat, if I am driving, my top part moves to the beat. sorry your lapholder was shifting you all around.. maybe you could try dancing yourself? Old music is the best music for me also, but my old music is much older than F's music

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Mr B's music. F's music is not quite so mainstream - not at all mainstream. I have been jigged about to Zydeco even and I reckon not everyone knows what that is. Mr T

      Delete
    2. Hari Om
      OH, but does F do the know all the Zydeco steps?! ... as for SRV - why are so many talents cut short??? Yxx

      Delete
    3. Genius is one kind of extreme. Personalities given to extremes sometimes live so close to the edge that we shouldn't be surprised that many of them fall off it too young.

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    Oh Tigger - Quatro and the Specials in one session - pawhaps you don't realise how privileged you are to have heard these sounds!!! I hope you are having a silent Sunday though. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At home she makes me dance to Stevie Ray Vaughn. It shakes up my dinner. xxx Mr T

      Delete
  4. Music is truly the language of the world
    No one can resist the beat
    Give in to it and rock on I say

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, poor Tigger. All that jiggling around when all you want to do is sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zydeco is a nice reference to one facet of Louisiana's musical heritage!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment