I might be in trouble...

F sleeps with the quilt over her middle bit. Her head and arms stick out the top, and her feet and legs stick out the other end. (As a pointless aside did you know that feet and legs are known by Greeks as 'podia' - they don't seem to have different words for the bits above and below your ankles.)

Anyway, there I was at hungry-o'clock studying the sleeping humans, and from my vantage point on the floor beside the bed I could see F's right knee (now there's a northern European name for a body part for you). She was sleeping on her front and the knee had sort of migrated to slightly over the edge, so I casually reached out and ....

stabbed it!

Oops! That wasn't the reaction I expected. I scrambled onto the other side of the bed and studied her from a safe position behind Mr B's legs.

In daylight I can see some holes in her knee skin where blood might have come out. I think I'll just retire to my high place for a while.


Comments

  1. Tigger! You are becoming a bit of a thug! Mid life crisis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have passed midlife - F says: 'grumpy old cat'.

      Delete
  2. Oh No, Tigger! youd batted her knee? what ever possesed you? I sleep that way also. unless it is really cold then I have to be under the cover, but most nights, that is how I sleep.. i rarely sleep without at least one foot out from under the blanket even cold. we went up to 84 degrees yesterday and I slept with most of me out. Bob was under the blanket and when i woke up wanted to know why the bathroom window was up because he was freezing. it was 75 in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the hungry oclock. thank you for not listing me with 'warblers' MOL

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    Yikes, Tigger - you like to live on the edge of adventure, donchya? Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to make your fun where you can Yam-Aunty. xxx Mr T

      Delete
    2. Rupert has the best weapons for that sort of thing, they're bigger than all of the rest of us and he keeps them very, very sharp.
      Rupert, Rowan, Princess, Willow and Mummy Polly
      xxxxx

      Delete
    3. As i have aged, F has taken to snipping my nails when she does her own. I sharpen mine back to points within hours of her snipping them and she can't work out where i keep my emery boards. Cats know though - don't they? xxx Mr T

      Delete
  4. My goodness Tigger ~ all seems well and good, and then BAM! ~ the kitty goes crazy, puncturing the body of those that feed and love you. Hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a much an idle curiosity as anything - what happens if....

      Delete
  5. ha. hungry o'clock seems to be a permanent thing here, as soon as Mr Cat and Bruno can see the bottom of their bowls they think they're starving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. It's given F an idea to make cat bowls with a glass bottom and catbiscuits trapped underneath. It won't work - Felines are not that easily fooled.

      Delete
  6. Ooooh. That would not only be painful but a big shock as well.
    Not a nice way to wake up I’d just stay out of the way for now if I was you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment