Postcards from London

 Hmmmm...looks like they might have gone home without me. I still have all the furniture so I know they are coming back.

F sent me some postcards from London and told me a spooky story that I can save for my next post.

After a tipoff by Arilx my humans went to see an exhibition about the World of Stonehenge  at the British Museum. And did they send me any postcards of that? No, I got a postcard of a feline cousin in the Egypt room.

I'm an English cat. I want some English ancestral insight. F said there was nothing about cats being at Stonehenge (or any other European stone age archaeological site that contributed to modern human understanding this thing of their forebears).🤔

They did send a photo of a street in West London just so I don't feel too bad about living in an apartment.  It looks like humans like to jam themselves together in other cities too.
 
Albert memorial in daylight.....
.... and all lit up at night.


This place is apparently famous around the world. F has never been there and sees no reason why she would ever need to, but photographing the lights is free (that's all that is cheap or free around there).


Comments

  1. always go with the free stuff. the lighted buildings are gorgeous. love your cousin from the past. I know you are missing your pawrentz right about now.. it seems all the places that are beautiful cost the most. except of course most of nature is free...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F lived nearly 25 years in and out of London but she lived on a boat so she was part of one of London's 'fringe' communities; alternative life-stylers. She says she loves London - as cities go. She loves wilderness more , but has been lucky to live a life that had the best of both.

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    Nothing is cheap in the Uk anymore, Tigger - and getting less so by the day!!! One must take the free where it presents itself. I did my oblgatory London visits earlier in life. I have no desire to ever set foot there again. (Mind you, I feel a little like that toward most cities these days.... it's that jamming together bit that gets my girdle.) Hugs and whiskeres, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is lots of London that is never touched by tourists and outsiders and doesn't go out of its way to bleed the wallets of those who live there. It's just a question of where to go, who you know, what you want from your time there. Tourists want to see the famous stuff (and that costs loads of dosh). xxx Mr T

      Delete
  3. I’d love to go back to London
    We were all booked and had paid then covid happened
    With the world being as it is right now. It’s not looking good for a return
    Trip. But we always live in hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent photos. Tigger can happily trace his ancestry back probably through those cats. He must feel very royal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment