Postcards of San Marino to Strasbourg

 San Marino to Strasbourg is a long way - with Italy and  Switzerland in between. F said Mr B drove all of it and even after 9 hours didn't get upset when my van turned out to be too tall for the inner city parking they had booked and they had to go out to a 'park and ride'.

For info: if you ever drive to Strasbourg use the park and ride. Inner city parking is VERY expensive. The park and ride is 1/5th the price and includes return fares on their very efficient tram system for up to 7 people on the same ticket. F said the tram was quicker into the town centre than it had been driving back out to the open carpark.

I haven't ridden on a tram either, but F tells me that Piraeus has now been joined onto the Athens tram system so we can remedy that when she gets back.

My postcards today are Italian design, Swiss engineering, and mountains.  There are lots of mountains in Switzerland. I remember that from when we came to Greece.  I also recall that they had many, many tunnels, including one so long I wondered if we would ever see daylight again (or find ourselves locked in eternal combat with a Balrog.)

Italian railway station


Swiss design (and Fs hand)

Forsythia, bright on Swiss motorway roadsides




OK this was leaving a San Marino fuelling station. No pretending oil based fuel is green, but they did put a glamorous cat on it.....

Comments

  1. Such glorious scenes. What a lovely road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot pick a favorite photo today. every single one is stunning, even the bridge and the train station. the views are beyond magnificent, and like nothing I have ever seen. what a trip what a trip...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    What wonderfurs postcoards you are getting, Tigger! I really, really, like that railway station design - and who can argue with the landscape designs of nature??! I'll leave the debate about energy sources for another time... hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. One would hope you never meet a balrog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember seeing the mountains when we did the trafalgar tour we went to Switzerland and Italy they were breathtaking
    Lots of our pictures has hands in them too. Stupid coach windows lol
    Love the LOTR reference snuck in there 😉

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment