Dust Bath

That bike has been pressed into service again. Two mornings in a row now, F has disappeared off on the bike.

She had promised me an explore down at the beach so when she got back and fell asleep in her hammock chair I had to prod her awake and remind her.

I was very lively at the beach today. There were exciting smells to explore, purple flowers to roll in, and small caves to check out.  I gave F the slip and left her edging her way down the rocks while I headed for a patch of sand I remembered was in a secluded place.  Having checked that for smells, I moved on and found a perfect place to have myself a really good dust bath - I rolled and rolled, and wriggled until I had changed  colour, and then went off in search of some grass to chew on.

No human knows when I was born so they gave me an arbitrary birth date of 1 April. By their way of calculating based on a V-E-T's opinion when I first moved in with them,  I was 14 years old last Friday. 


I had my birthday party today - an outing at the beach, a tin of tuna in spring water, and a small pinch of catnip for a 'digestive'. Happy birthday anyone out there who shares a birth date in April.

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    Oh joy of joys, an outside dust bath and plant party!!! I am glad F had the energy to make sure you had that beach adventure, dear Tigger, and happies of happy (albeit belated) birthday's to you. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx
    C=Connections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yam-Aunty. I contemplated your connections and decided that although it looked like a bike wheel (as Gail and Nobby pointed out) - it could also be a wheel on my Donkey; and Donkey is useful for making connections. Fz and Pz Mr T

      Delete
  2. I agree with F's napping, it's so necessary each day as we get older, lucky Tigger can pick and choose how often he naps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She doesn't usually stop moving in the day time, so I had to poke her to make sure she was OK (an to make her make room for me).

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday tigger.
    Hope you enjoy many many more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I am keen to see the pictures of your chickens. I met some chickens when we were on holiday last year and I'm still not entirely sure what to make of them.

      Delete
  4. Belated Happy Birthday Tigger! Can you believe I have spotted no less that FOUR bicycles scattered around my house, although Gail has not been doing much cycling since I arrived (just popping out on the old 'town bike' for local errands). Something about WFT puppies being quite exhausting enough, thank you very much...
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4 bikes! Crikey you are going to have your work cut out keeping track. I have 4 bikes here but I have 2 humans some of the time .... oh you are a bright pup, you do the maths....the town bike here is stuck on the back balcony because F can't get it into the lift by herself. That was a bit of a miscalculation.

      Delete
  5. Happy Purring Birthday my friend Tigger! I work really hard around here caring for my humans, but they never remember my birthday. I'll have to remind them next time!
    Much love, Mittens 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine forgot this year - I had to apply claw to knee yesterday to remind F she had promised.... Anyway, happy birthday for all the birthdays that no one else remembered Mittens. paw smacks Mr T

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday Tigger. Live long and keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Dear Tigger, you look so very happy rolling in the sand and flowers and YUM on tuna and catnip.. out of 6 dogs in 38 years we only knew the birthday of 2, our first dog Max and Beau, all the others had vet chosen days like you... so glad you got your outing... your furs look especailly beautiful at the beach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aunty-Sandra. Vet days are a bit like name-days here in Greece. They seem to be more important than actual birthdates.

      Delete
  8. Looks like you had a wonderful birthday, Tigger! I sure would love the beach on mine, but unfortunately we live a couple of days drive from one of those.
    Really, they picked April fools day for your birthday? Wonder who the fool is, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They said they'd never forget it, but they always do.

      Delete

Post a Comment