Hello Kittee

What's with HELLO KITTEE?

About 3 or 4 times in the last couple of weeks I have been greeted, while out promenading on my Donkey, by the words "hello kittee". On every occasion it has been a (different) young adult male each with an slant towards sounding camp.  

Maybe "helloo kittee" isn't something young adult males can say and not sound camp. Maybe that's what you get if young Greek males try to say "hello kittee"; that the accent just makes it sound weird...

Anyway is sounds weird, and seems even more weird when addressed to me by a  bloke, in passing, without any other attempt at conversation, and he just dashes on by.



Apropo of nothing: I got kissed twice today. 

Yuck.

Cat Patters:

I can see them coming a few hundred yards out, but F is a bit slower. She skirts a few, speeds up, suddenly sees something interesting in the distance, but I can tell by the way they are sizing me up that a by-passer is going to impede our progress and want to touch the cat. Some talk in English straightaway like they have already worked out that we are idiot foreigners. Others speak in Greek (because they probably have to - that or say nothing). F can answer most questions in Greek about my gender, my age, my name, my weight and whether I can walk - and 'yes, isn't he big!', but occasionally the conversation goes off-piste, departs from  the script, and F just stands there grinning like a simpleton until they get tired of talking to themselves and we do that awkward parting of the ways dance around each other and carry on.

The guy who sells pumpkins in the Saturday laiki always has a lot to say on the subject of pets: tales of his own pets.  I suspect F only gets a basic gist of what he says, a shadow, a merest hint, a 'waft' of the whole story. In fact I wouldn't mind betting she makes up her own story of what he is saying around the few words and phrases she does understand.

People seem to forgive her for being simple - she has grey hair....

.......and a cat that rides on a Donkey. 

Comments

  1. I think that to fully qualify as the Hello Kitty character you should be wearing a red bow... oh, and be female

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't say I'm a wannabe - just that I thought it was weird (and that it appears to have a camp element). xxx Mr T

      Delete
  2. Well at least they don’t say - Hello Pussy!

    Have you noticed Hello Kitty has a yellow nose and no mouth. How’d you be with no mouth…..starving I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine what resemblance I have to a Japanese cartoon character, but it clearly amused a small clique of young men.

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    The Hello Kitty franchise is Japanese (yeah, that kitsch) and geared towards infantilism. That's my ten pennorth... if any mistake you for being related to that, you and F most definitely can't be blamed for seeking avoidance tactics! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx
    K=Kalu Yuga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely kitsch - F showed me a picture. I'm offended. Furrings and purrings Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post is a prime example of why I am so happy we stumbled into each others lives. I can't rememeber who visited whome first, but I never come here that i don't love the post. the ones I love the most have hello kittie in them... and I must say, if I met you i would be a patter and a kisser. I have in the past kissed cows and donkeys, the donkeys were not the kind you ride but the ones with fur... still giggling over the nodding of heads and listening to people speaking what you can't understand.
    Bob is deaf without his aids and even with them in, people must speak clearly for him to undertand.
    he gets a glazed look in his eyes and I can tell when the person might as well be speaking Greek. He never says, sorry I did not hear that, just nods along like a bobble head and someday will agree to something he should not.
    we can't watch movies the the English people are speaking is with an accent.. he just can't understand the words.. I have to translate and then I miss what the person is saying.. you are a memorial cat to meet and I am betting they all go about telling about the cat on the donkey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the cows were kissed in the mid 1990's and the donkey in 1993. that was before we new about plagues, so no permissions were asked. also there was no kissing on the mouth, but between the eyes on the forehead. thanks for thinking about the kissed by me and their health...now we have to worry about people giving the virus to cats and dogs by patting them, so be careful

      Delete
  6. Hello Tigger. Could you pass a message on to T for me please? Tell her yes Federal Elections can be a drawn out process, so much governs the procedures from the time it’s called until it’s held then declared finished.
    This (not hard to understand, think basic language not Legal speak) link will give some insight into what why when and how. The bits about different dates are interesting - Easter, school holidays etc makes good reading
    Bye Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. And of course the link might help
    https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/FlagPost/2021/December/Timing_for_the_2022_federal_election

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup - we will read that and let you know what we conclude. Thanks for expanding our world view.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Please assure me that wasn't camp.🙀

      Delete
  9. Gail tells me she learned when travelling with Bertie through Germany, Switzerland and the Netherlands that 90% of WFT-related conversations with strangers are just the same as in the UK. Either: "Oh a fox terrier, you don't see so many of them these days", or "when I was a child I had one of those dogs on wheels". Possibly followed by the question: "Do you have his furs clipped or hand-stripped? I am hoping to go travelling with Gail one day, and will find out for myself.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to put up with being ruffled a lot Nobby. Hand-stripping fur sounds painful are you sure you want to sign up for that? I've had my tummy fur clippered - it sorts of buzzes your skin. Paw smacks Mr T

      Delete
  10. Hi there, Friend Tigger. Oh, I know all about Cat Patters and Cat Kissers! My first mistress visits sometimes and always smothers me with kisses. If I hear a stranger in the house, now, I take off so they can't pat me. What is it with Humans? It seems they are drawn to us Felines like a bee to honey, almost obsessed in fact. I really don't know what to make of them.
    Happy purrings, Mittens 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see that you have a new bed to retire to when you want to make yourself scarce. I could even see a sunpuddle in the picture of it. It looks like a nice winter abode, even if you don't have visitors to escape from. xxx Mr T

      Delete
  11. You seem to be pondering things in your photo above Tigger!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my that is funny. I guess it’s better than people being rude
    You must be a celebrity now around your area do they ask for selfies and an autograph?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment