Static

Sparks in the dark.

Funny old weather we were having.  Every time F touched me she sparked me.  She accused me of sparking her.  What was that all about?

It certainly made her jump.

After my dust bath last week she had to rub and rub to get the dust out of my fur.  That makes sparking but it might have been the last lot of sparking we did.  However in the days prior to that we seemed to spark every time we made contact.

F accused my stripy friend of being the culprit (he's the only synthetic 'thing' around here and I sleep on him a lot), but I've has Stripy Friend for years and we've never created electricity between us before.

F's clothes are cotton, linen or wool (she said she had enough of sparky clothes and sticky-uppy hair when she was a kid; 'kid'  the last time anyone made her wear a petticoat, and they were always made of nylon.  As an aside ...author Philip Pullman cleverly called that fabric 'coal silk'.)

My put it down to those wooly jumpers she wears.  They always rub my fur up the wrong way.

In the end we blamed the dust in the air.  It must be charged.  There is dust everywhere and on everything at the moment.  

Comments

  1. Hari Om
    ...it's just that you are so charistatic, Tigger dear... (though wool jumpers do tend to add to the friction). Too many protons on one side, and electrons on the other. They need to negate each other = discharge... not that you care about that. Just those pesky sparks. Look on the bright side. Fireworks witout the gunpowder. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunt xxx
    H=Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just grrrrr YAM-aunty. Fortunately it seems to have stopped. Fz and Pz Mr T

      Delete
  2. Poor Tigger - I take it you feel the shock as well? I have times when I become 'charged' and can cause sparks off different things - sometimes before I even actually touch them. It's a bit like touching an electric fence sometimes, not nice! I've blamed different things over the years, but it still happens occasionally. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it happens to me also or used to. I am now wondering why it stopped. at one time shopping in the grocery store, every piece of metal I touched sparked. now it doesn't. it is odd it just started doing it. try google search is what I do... about the outdoor ants. We use grits. not sure if you have grits or even know what it is. it is made from corn, we pour it on the ant bed. another thing that works is boiling water on the ant bed. coffee grounds on the bed work also.. Florida is Ant Heaven and I am allergic to insecticides and we also don't do that to our enviroment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could just be the weather, but I like to think it’s your sparkly personality that does it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flattery will get you everywhere Angela. xxx Mr T

      Delete

Post a Comment