even more hot and vacuum cleaning the cat

F is sitting in the corner of the lounge with the door open and a slight breeze wafts in from time to time.  

It's clammy.

I have moved indoors and slumped beside her chair.

How many weekends in a row is this now when we just kind of shut ourselves indoors and make like vegetables to survive the heat?  Vegetables would quickly wilt in this.  Even one of Nobby's bogs could have its attractions on a day like this (possibly more for my human than this particular feline....)

F did some sewing.  That is low energy expenditure stuff, but even then she complained she was dripping sweat on things.

Yuck.

We cats only sweat from our paws.

Tried emailing friends on the other side of the planet, but need to be careful what we say.  They are probably dressed in layers and huffing on their mittens.

Some photo archiving.  F will have to give her phone back to her work soon, so she needs to save the photos on other storage devices.  Most photos are of me - naturally.  (Only the recent ones Tigger.  It is also that photos of you get archived last in case I need them to illustrate your blog posts, so there is a bit of a backlog of those ones.)

She got the vacuum cleaner out to suck the dust and cat fur out of the tracks the doors run in.

I lurked.

Eventually she took the hint and gave me a good vacuum cleaning.  It is really good for getting rid of loose fur, and sucks cooling air through close to my skin.  F said it is really difficult to vacuum a cat (even a willing one) with a powerful vacuum cleaner and one hand holding a phone.  There is a tendency to suck up the cat, hence the need to keep the nozzle moving quickly.  It looks violent but I love it.


Comments

  1. I used to long for my cat to let me do this. Silly Duncan, didn't like the noise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like lots of strange stuff we do with Tigger - he initiated i by pestering me every time I did vacuum cleaning until I eventually waved the vacuum cleaner over him. The carpet cleaner guy couldn't get over the fact that Tigger sat by his machine throughout the whole process. Fortunately he did not elect to clean the cat.

      Delete
  2. Oh Tigger, a dunk in the sea would be far more cooling! Pity you don't like water, though I hope you're drinking a lot just now.
    My brain has fried. I think it might be a night for air-condition. The first this summer, and I hope the last .
    I'm in zombie mode and we have to go to Argos tomorrow. It won't be just my brain that fries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F is in zombie mode too and melting like an ice cream in the sun.

      Delete
  3. I have never seen a cat being vacuumed before. Thank you for brightening my Sunday evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a first time for everything - even when you think you have seen it all! Have you chased those midgies off yet?

      Delete
  4. i may try this with Beau, I have never seen a cat that liked to be vacced. sorry about your heat, we have it too but we have the AC on 75 so nice and cool. good luck with the Tigger Pics Transfer, that makes me sweat with out heat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch out Beau. Tell your huMum that it works better when she remembers to put the curtain cleaning nozzle on the end - less likely to try and suck you right into it. paw smacks Mr T

      Delete
  5. Hari om
    crikey mate... If I had tried that on with my angel Jasper cat, he'd've packed his hocks and left home!!! Jade dog hated the vacula, too. Count me impressed. The heat over The Hutch, it must be reported, has been gone for two days now. Back to situation normal outside my windows... Washing machine with a touch of spin and tumble dry! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Any sensible animal would" says F. We dispute her definition of sensible. Besides it gives her stuff to blog about. We would swap your Hutch for this box in any season of the year. Not long to go now. (PS I only agree to swap in any season because there is a fireplace in my UK house, and I expect it to be well stoked for my return.) Furrings and purrings Mr T

      Delete
  6. None of my cats even like being in the same room as the vacuum cleaner. Let alone Let it near them
    Your a very brave kitty.
    I’m currently sitting in front of the fire with my thick mosaic blanket on my legs drinking hot coffee
    A very different world to yours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Currently 15C with light showers blown in by a blustery wind here in Torridon. Nobby and I are looking forward to a bracing (and boggy) walk in the hills later today. Nobby is looking on with utter horror at the vacuuming video...
    Cheers! Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To each their own Nobby - you like bogs, I like a fresh vacuuming. (And at least one of my human likes 'bracing' weather - the other one is always looking for the perfect sailing conditions; which is just a smidge below 'bracing'.) Paw smacks Mr T

      Delete

Post a Comment