Saturday.

Start of day energy (I can hold my head up).

It is not long before the ennui sets in.

F goes swimming before the sun gets above the trees and floods its light across the inlet.

This morning she came back excitedly telling me about a baby garfish. They are narrow for their length and pointy and this little fella was green. Big deal.  What is vaguely interesting (although F can't verify if from this particular individual - which she watched moseying around in search of edibles, and didn't disturb) is that they have green bones.

Stands to reason....green fish green bones.

Back to the ennui.

F points out that there appears to be a baby palm tree growing in one of our pots.

It's also narrow for its length and green, and not surprising really; it's in the biggest pot, the one where she throws date stones (and other inedible bits of fruits and nuts). Anything could grow out of that pot!

Before we leave all our pots are going to Aunty-Laura. She can grow our little date palm on her roof.

It's still not interesting enough to engender any desire to tear about. The heat is like a heavy weight on me. Down by the sea there are people lying on the rocks, in the sun. You could fry an egg on those rocks; we don't know how they survive it.

I caught F twisting around in front of a mirror trying to inspect her back. Humans don't do lateral twist very well. You guys can't look at your own back. Her back has kinda stripes that match the shape of her swimming overall. She is astounded that 20-30 minutes swimming (mostly in shade) just as the sun comes up each day is enough to change the colour of her skin. Imagine what lying for hours on those rock in the middle of the day would do!

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    Eeek, all I could think about is that those peeps are possibly boiling theri innards...

    How exciting to have seeded a palm tree and to have seen a Green Garfish. Well, for F anyway. If not so much a cat in the midst of an ennui session! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a good game of chase before bed one night last week. It takes me days to recover.... The palm tree is as unexpected as it is exciting. Pity we won't be nurturing it. Fz & Pz Mr T

      Delete
  2. Uh oh. I cover virtually every inch of my skin when out and about and our sun is pretty weak and elusive. Gotta keep those pesky melanomas at bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is your leg btw? I'm sending F for another skin check on her face (vets for humans, chance to get some revenge). xxx Mr T

      Delete
    2. Thanks Mr T. All healed and the last skin check was OK. Just have a couple of areas to keep an eye on. Hope F's skin check turns out clear 🤞

      Delete
  3. that sun will fry that skin, I fried mine laying in the sun year after year and have paid the price with wrinkles and skin cancers. bob is even worse than mine and has had melanoma 3 times and several other types. the UV rays in the south of USA can get us even in the shade and evidently they can there. THEY, the ones on TV tell us to stay out of the sun from 11 to 4 each day. swimming early is the best way to go. I love your potted garden and I know you will be sad to leave it, even if someone else will love it... I wish I could view my back like you can and reach it also, since that is what itches the most

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F never laid in the sun and never worn a bikini, but has spent all her life either working or sporting (or both) outdoors and her face bears the evidence of too much sun (and that despite hats and sunscreen). Sunscreen is getting more effective. F too suffers the itchy back thing, i amuse myself watching her try to reach bits that are making her squirm. xxx Mr T

      Delete
  4. Wow, green bones. That is something I'd love to see!
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.
    PS I checked Gail'a back and can confirm that there are no swimsuit marks from her swims in the river Dee this summer. But on her legs I see a faint line at the point when the cycling shorts reach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F has that cycle shorts look too (not helped by that being a line shared by her swimming overalls). It's more a fade than a line, a sort of milk bottle white through creme caramel to vaguely beige.

      Delete
  5. Tell her how to rub against a handy door frame. I grew up in the northern UK when it was in a miserable cold period, no chance of skin damage. My derma told me I was the only patient she had whose body is totally free of damage. From sun, that is, let's not get carried away here. But I still managed to develop a thing or two on my face, despite never sitting out etc, but walking all year round. Even some kitties have to watch out if they have pink noses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nose is safe. F is safe everywhere except her face. Mr B I am not so sure about. As a baby and toddler he lived in Gibraltar. His mother used to rub him with olive oil and put him out in the sun. The damage was proabably already done before he was old enough to be in control of it. In her 80s she still seemed to believe olive oil and sun is the best way to go. She seemed to have been lucky enough not to have experienced skin cancer despite her years of sun worshipping, but it hadn't been kind to her in other ways.

      Delete

  6. I/we only visit our little bay here in the early morning - arrive about 9am, leave just after 10.30. Then it’s shade for the rest of the day. Just enough to make me feel good.
    Just love your ‘towering multi level sleeping arrangement’…..will it be accompanying you (in your deep sea luggage) when you both go back to Hampshire? Oh and door frames are good for itchy backs….bit like cattle rubbing against a tree😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My condo is not returning to UK, but my humans have promised me a new different one that befits the climate and lifestyle there.

      Delete
  7. Oh no. Too much sun is not good for we humans
    But some people seem to never learn. Burn blister peel and repeat.
    Your pots all look lovely it will be sad to leave them behind

    ReplyDelete
  8. We will have a whole garden of plants (and an allotment) and a few pits of plants that suit the climate, so we won't miss these ones. They will go to good homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats 'pots' of plants that suit the climate. Mint. Strawberries. Jasmine. Honeysuckle. Spring bulbs (potted and netted so the squirrels don't eat them.)

      Delete

Post a Comment