Line up for the port


Sunday started with ships doing some kind of dance around each other before heading towards the big container port. 

Ferry outbound in the distance. F tells me we will be going on one of those ferries at the end of this month. Outbound.

Does it have to be a ferry? Can't we go in an aeroplane? I've never been in one of those.

It was a quiet weekend in our home.  Not so much out on the street - particularly Saturday night where it was almost as if the whole world and his dog were out to grasp the last gasp of summer......even at 0330 on Sunday, still walking still driving, still shouting/loud talking (it's often the same thing here, even when the words are agreeing with one another the volume and speed of delivery sounds like a passionate argument) . Let's call it a passionate agreement.... at 0330, on the way home from somewhere that might have involved wine, definitely involved food. It might even be enroute from one such place to the next. Who knows?



 
F is still making positive marks on the tester on Monday. She's feeling fine she says. I say she has been a bit damp when she is sleeping. She says she is permanently damp in Greek summers; nothing different. Yeah maybe, but the evenings are finally getting cooler I say, and I can comfortably lean on your legs again while I'm sleeping, except that you are making my fur go moldy. So don't lean on me she says, you are over-heating me.

Let's call it a passionate agreement, I race through the apartment, she chases me, she hides, I sneak up, we lie on the floor and laugh together for a while. Life is good.

Comments

  1. Those positive marks can take an irritatingly long time to stop appearing...
    Nobby is impressed by the huge vessels at sea. Even the ferry is huge compared to the Ullswater 'Steamer' that he travelled on last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irritating is about the sum of it all round. Appointments have to be moved (- or relinquished entirely). Skin clinics here are more abundant, more efficient and cheaper than UK and F was hoping to avail herself of one last check over. The English dentist here charges a fraction of the annual check-up fee changed by even her provincial English dentist... This could not have been at a more inconvenient time. On the other hand is imposed isolation ever convenient? Tigger might prefer the Ullswater Steamer - perhaps we should try it with him some time.

      Delete
  2. that is a huge ferry, not many of those here these days, but when I was a child there was one here to go across the bay to St Pete or Tampa. that is the only one I was ever on. I wondered how you would get home and now we know. All of Florida is pretty much like where we live except for coastal condos that are stacked up sky scrapers. Before 2020 we had several shops that were 24 hours, but they never went back to that. now the one I shop is open 6 am to 11 pm. but most don't open that early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going to drive across Europe, by a different route to the one we came down on - and I will get to be travel-writer Tigger again. Watch this space.

      Delete
  3. Tigger Beau has 2 gators and a red one that is a giraffe, just like gator except for the top. 2 of them were gifts from a blogger friend. she sent him a gift card to amazon and Mama bought the 3rd one since he can't play ball any more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like Nobby said - that is a lot of dental hygiene to take care of.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear, I was hoping F would be much better now. Surely she will be soon and you, Tigger dear, will be able to cosy up to her again without getting mouldy fur! Hugz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So are you able to take Tigger in his cat carrier on the boat with you or does he have to go separate? Luckily when we moved here the cats stayed in the cars with us. It's going to be a very different change of scene for Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will you miss that view once you go? I know I would. I’m sure it will be nice to go home
    Trixie is just like you. She sleeps right next to me and makes me hot. Being a woman of a certain age. I really don’t need any help being hot while sleeping lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    ...another post that snuck by me somehow... and it has SHIPS.... I love SHIPS.... sigh... I am excited for you that you will be going on one of those, Tigger... mainly because, it appears, you will finally be headed northward. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment