Skyline

skyline
/ˈskʌɪlʌɪn/
noun
  1. an outline of land and buildings defined against the sky.
    "the skyline of the city"

Here is the skyline around our inlet.  Our apartment is offstage on the right of this picture.
F and I were sitting on the beach below the basketball court when she took these with her phone.  Point it at the sky and it makes the buildings go dark and shows off all the sun-powered water heaters and satellite dishes and TV aerials on the roofs.  Reduce the amount of sky in the shot and you get the picture below - lighter and will more details of the rocks
Here's the question: is the picture below a skyline where the bottom edge of the tree defines the sky?
By that definition no it ain't.  Trees don't seem to count.

My human have started pulling stuff out of the patairi - the little storage loft above the bathroom.  First thing to go is a brand new rug, never used because the pattern causes the sort of visual disruption that sets off Mr B's migraines. They found a home for that within minutes.  

The second bedroom is being emptied; the never-used single mattresses have gone on something F calls faceache market place.  The stuff in the bed linen storage has been 'culled' and a huge bag is ready to give to a friend who is furnishing a holiday home.

Boxes are beginning to appear....

Should I be worried?  I am going to cling to my Condo to the very end, an island above a flood of disruption.

Comments

  1. I think your personal items are safe. Also you. You're not going anywhere other than with your humans. However your outdoor cousins are staying on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will willingly leave the cousins behind. I overheard some speculation as to how Tigger and (named) one of them might get on. If I had my say it would have been to make clear "not at all". There will be no 'other' cat while I am in this household. F says she worries about the cousins who are dumped pets - especially the sterilized ones, they don't compete well (or at all) out on the street. The feral ones developed their nouse early or they didn't get to be adults. They will continue to adapt after we leave. They are opportunists. F is currently the opportunity.

      Delete
  2. Stay well clear, Mr T. Let them get on with all that sorting, culling and packing. You just emerge when the dust settles and let them carry you serenely on to your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JayCee I have seen the maps and hotel-booking Apps, and suspect 'serenely' doesn't come into it. I will get a "Travel-writer Tigger" interlude though.

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    The tree itself may not form the skyline, but the row of roof tops at the lower end of the photo most certainly do.

    Oh dear, Tigs, dear boy... I'm afraid the packing and moving bizzo can be a bit stresso... hunkering in your bunker is defo a way to go!!! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have something to supervise YAM-aunty. Xxx Mr T

      Delete
  4. No, Tigger dear, you shouldn't be worried - it is the approaching start of a whole new Adventure! Mxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I jave moved with these humans twice and they have never promised it won't happen again.

      Delete
  5. There may be many boxes but I'm sure Mr T will enjoy hiding in them. Bruno bites them and rips them apart with his claws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I the Tigger LOVE carboard boxes. They haven't arrived yet. My humans are prepacking plastic ones at this stage.

      Delete
    2. We are intrigued by the proliferation of sun powered water heaters on the roof tops, but fear they would not be so effective in northern Scotland...

      Delete
    3. They aren't even much use here in winter when you really need hot water. In the height of summer yoy can run off continuous near boiling water and who wants hot water in 38 degree C heat?

      Delete
  6. this will be a lot for you to adjust too, I wish you all 3 a safe trip and move. I like both the dark and the light photos and It always amazes me ho w moving the lens from side to side up and down totally changes the photo. Love the tree . no pigs allowed where we live, would have to move to the country. that said I would never have any living thing to be killed and eaten. I am not a meat lover, and rarely eat it. your descrition of how the word titivate is used, means I nailed it with Beau, because what I did is totally useless and makes a handsome dog look silly. the only good came from the pun it was creating it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that dark skyline. It looks as though the roofs are topped with cannon barrels pointing....more likely towards Poros than Turkey.
    Good luck with the 'finding homes' for your surplus treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment